War Thunder

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

War Thunder

Post by [JiF]MiniBadger »

I've found a new great game somewhat like world of tanks, with planes, a ton of planes, check it out!
look up on youtube "War Thunder gameplay bomber" then "War thunder dogfight"
here is the link (posted before tested)

http://warthunder.com/en/play-for-free?r=glispa14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. You can knock of a guys wing or shoot a guy outa the cockpit

-- Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:46 pm --

If you have got it please state your name
Hello there
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: War Thunder

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

The rest of you may choose not to play this but I have been forced to download this game so I could join Mini in his quest to rule the skies. Flying is not my forte but dying might be. Like in World of Tanks you have to earn better planes not just by playing but by crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women (sic). Mini is up to a Spitfire. I have just earned enough money (experience points) to buy real bullets for my P-26A Peashooter. It is the default plane that everyone starts with and apparently the default plane that I will die with. Fortunately I like the colour and it is a comfortable place to practice my lamentations.

With an MMO such as this one, you could hope that by simply holding the trigger down while screaming Bonsai! and aiming in the general direction of the fifty or so planes swarming toward you, one of your bullets might actually strike something and earn you a point. I can tell you that this is not the case. Gravity drags your bullets into the abyss, and then the swarm eats you and sends your Peashooter to a fiery death. Thankfully it’s a dry heat.

Yesterday I finally hit another plane with a bullet. I hit him with a single bullet as he was taking off in front of me. It seems that the fact we were both taking off from the same airfield did not alert my trigger finger to the fact he was a friendly. I spawned, saw a plane in front of me and simply let loose with a four second burst, of course this time I got kind of carried away and yelled Bonzo! by mistake before my single bullet hit him. Turns out he could fly and type at the same time, I cannot. He called me numerous names without so much as wobbling his wings. I typed "sry" and promptly became a crater. Did you know that lamentations sound better when you are at the bottom of a crater?

Mini tells me that if I use all of the points I’ve earned so far I can buy myself a Gloster Gladiator Mk.IIS. It is a biplane and it is an upgrade from what I’ve been using. He told me this while flying his old reliable Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIB. He has some newer planes in his inventory but we saw a Hurricane at the air show a couple of years ago and Mini can be very sentimental when he is choosing your method of death. My Gladiator fell in the first pass. The upper wings of a biplane made a beautiful shroud but failed to muffle my lamentations. Maybe if I get that Swordfish Mk.I I’ve had my eye on I’ll have a chance against those guys flying P-51s and Fw.190s. Of course Mini will probably own a Me 262 by then. I guess he will find out what the Doppler Effect can do to lamentations. :(
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan