Custom Map Nights

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Re: Custom Map Nights

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

Now that I'm back to being an Admin, I try to keep an eye on things nightly. It's pretty quiet and the logs say so.

I've been told by a few, that JiF is too plain vanilla. And boosting the maps with some customization would help a great deal towards attracting people.

If someone has a clue how best to go about modding these maps, clue me in. I'd like to give it a try, but because it's an older game it's harder to find stuff to use to mod the maps. Also I don't wanna screw anything up.

My computer while good, does not work in Single Player mode. I have no idea why. The game will freeze up, and lock up the computer completely, when I try to play by myself. So I've always had to depend on a server with maps to play the game.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF] General WarHawk wrote: I've been told by a few, that JiF is too plain vanilla. And boosting the maps with some customization would help a great deal towards attracting people.
If someone has a clue how best to go about modding these maps, clue me in. I'd like to give it a try, but because it's an older game it's harder to find stuff to use to mod the maps. Also I don't wanna screw anything up.
ZougatheFist has done customizations in the past.
Sgt. ShellShocked was working on some customizations, but he has had health and work issues that have kept him away for a while.
The best way to do the mods is on the server, so no one has to download custom client side maps.
To do this you need to set up your own server for testing, so as not to "screw up" the live server.
So, it's pretty involved, just getting set up to learn how to do it.

One problem I have with our current rotation is that there are not RTR or SW maps.
I know this this is so free players can participate, but its rather boring.

Thoughts?
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Warhawk,

Here is the thread I started on modding I don't know how many if any of the links are still active though. If you have specific questions I'll try and help out.

Z
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula