Server Mod and Admin Set up

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Server Mod and Admin Set up

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

Since i'm too cheap and too lazy to get BF3 now that it's available at Walmart for $50, but I still play BF1942 every so often (read: nightly) I'd like to get the Admin Setup again. I think I'm still an Admin but I don't have the console anymore, and I can't find the thing. Also some help on setting it up. We had some ass clowns in tonight, and it would've been nice to do some kicking, before they hit -6.

Also, I'd like to take some time to Mod some of the maps, you know add a vehicle or two, hopefully this isn't too hard, helps to have Admin control to be able to do that.

This is the only game I do, besides Castle Age, where I am GM there too, so I can be trusted....again.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: Server Mod and Admin Set up

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Gen - there should be a link somewhere on the forums to D/L the admin tool - as for the modding there is defo a thread that I wrote that explains what you'll need and how to go about it - if you want to mod for the server you will need Mike to upload the Server Side Mods and will eed to test them thoroughly by creating a server yourself and letting others join as they can do some funny things when you play online that don't show up when you test on your own
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: Server Mod and Admin Set up

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I will PM your login info to you. As Zouga says there should be a link in the Admin area for BFRM. Let me know if you don't have access to the admin area.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.