Tales from the front

[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Tales from the front

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I'm going to engage in some heresy here but I found myself getting a little bored with BF3 not too long ago - Conquest is always fun but not so much without the camaraderie that made BF42 such fun on the JiF server - it is much harder to chat in game with a PS3 having to use PMs (since my headset is rubbish) plus you get a lot of idiots on VOIP who play music or are just super annoying- but I digress.

I also go a bit sick of Rush as you often end up with a disjointed team who do not work together or 10 snipers and no attacking play - made worse when half the snipers are rubbish.

The new DLCs made the game interesting again although I found the Tank based one to be the weakest and I am poor at flying so the aerial duels always end in me crashing and burning (or *shudder* bailing :thumbdown: )

I enjoyed the CQB DLC the most as the fast pace and tighter maps mean you can affect the outcome of a game yourself even if your team is poor or not P(-ing)TFO

Recon with the P90, MP344(Tact) and TUGS + Ammo Specialization = Dominance.

There is a major issue with Admin abuse or stupid rules (no shotguns, no Claymores, no this no that etc...) on PS3 plus you have no way to complain if you get kicked for no reason. It was making me sick the amount of times I was killing it on a server only to be booted with no explanation :x

I got fed up with the patches as well that nerfed some of the guns or changed the feel of them just when you were used to them - although taking the second set of flares from the chopper and the night vision from the Ac-130 did help the game.

I took to just playing TDM which was fun for a while but the servers I used to play on have died and I struggled to motivate myself to find new ones to play on

But I have now rediscovered my love for BF3 and it is down to chance - I used the quick match function to find a random game and ended up on TDM Alborz Mountains - wow - more than any other map this is one that is primarily suited to sniping or ambush there are two servers I play on - The Fighting Hellfish and Go Marines and play as either Recon (JNG-90, 7x scope, laser + TUGS + suppression Spec) or Support (PP-19, Holo-sight and Laser, MP344 TACT + C4 + explosives spec)

So many places to hide and snipe from, but once you know these and the various routes to access them - then the sneaky C4 on the sniper and BOOM is hilarious as is the mined staircase up to the radar room under the dome - yesterday I had 17-0 from C4 alone - all of it dynamically placed - then a further 11 kills with the rifle before I got stupid and died a bunch of times for no good reason.

My KDR is usually between 2.3 - 3.1 for this map, if I had the money I would rent a server and just play TDM on Alborz all the time it is so good!

However I am really looking forward to some CTF action with dirtbikes - its gonna be awesome

-- Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm --

Good news - Trogdor joined me on Alborz last night

Bad news - he shot me in the back with a crossbow like a no good low down dirty rat
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Re: Tales from the front

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

[quote="Bad news - he shot me in the back with a crossbow like a no good low down dirty rat[/quote]

Obviously you deserved it :lol:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]Trogdor
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Trogdor »

Ha! Yeah, I always see you on there lately. I'm usually not a big fan of TDM as I tend to see my KDR just plummet. Alborz is definitely the diamond in the rough. I was having a blast that night playing as Support with my shiny new scoped Xbow. It's amazing they haven't nerfed it yet. You get to have unlimited ammo just by dropping a crate, you can snipe with the sniper dart, and you have multiple choices for a solid light machine gun for when you want to jump into the battle like Rambo. I also managed to get an over 800m headshot on that map while playing Conquest. It's by far my favorite DLC map, aside from Caspian and Firestorm on regular.

And you, getting shot by my Xbow. Totally a highlight! :)
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Speaking of nerfing - I tried to D/L the End Game Update twice last night and it failed - no doubt they will have messed with some of the guns again though
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula