Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Lookin' good!

Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Re: Battlefield Aftermath

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

Idk what to say about aftermath atm lol it is just ok need to play more before I can really say
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Crossbow....

with exploding arrows....

its gonna be good!
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Trogdor
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Trogdor »

Had about an hour to experience it last night (after a 2+ hour download.. grr). I exclusively played Scavenger because you need to win 3 rounds of that to unlock the xbow. I'm not sure I played all 4 new maps, but the 3 that I did play had a great variation to them, felt very large, and were overall a really fun time. It took me 2 games of getting dominated before I finally began to turn things around and got a positive KDR. It may have been because there were tons of high level colonels on both teams, but there was a great display of teamwork and groups of guys running together en mass to flags. No one-man-shows trying to hog all the glory. The earthquake effects in game are pretty fun, as the buildings begin to come down around you as you play.

In Scavenger, you start out with a machine pistol and can find random guns with a half-clip of ammo scattered about. Because of that, I got to fire the xbow a couple times before I unlocked it. It appears to be one hit kill, but the reload is pretty slow so it shouldn't' be obnoxious. I can see why they made the exploding bolt the last unlock for it, though. if it's as powerful as it looks in the videos (it can disable a chopper in one hit), there will probably be tons of servers banning use of it in no time.

I'll be playing some more tonight if anyone has requests on things to check out.
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

Hey trog I'm off tomorrow so I will probably be playing most of the day played abit before I left for work this morning getting used to the hdmi graphics now lol
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

So I think this is growing on me. At first I didn't like it because of the small scavenger maps but conquest large with 32 or less people is really good! They actually laid out the maps pretty good and the small birds are good too. The smaller map modes are more or less like small quarters (you shoot me, I shoot you, you shoot me...rinse repeat) but I'm diggin' the conquest large maps.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I've been playing this almost exclusively since it came out and I really like it, I was a bit disappointed by Armoured Kill tbh and whilst I liked the CQ maps I wasn't fussed on Gun Game - but scavenger mode is pretty cool - I like how you can select the starting pistol as it allows you to get more kills with underused guns - I'm digging the Rex atm.

I particularly like the vertical gameplay aspects of the new maps and the multiple routes you can take to get to places - this is something that BF was always good at - allowing you to outflank enemies if you took the time to explore maps a little bit.

I will be playing over the w/e on PS 3 if any of ya are about
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula