Elementalist

[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Elementalist

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Just saw this skill to buy. I need 6 skill points, can we reset them for a fee?

Earth attunement (F3 key) will allow me to rez 3 at once! wow:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Renewal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-- Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm --

I've been reading about the elementalist and apparently the payout is much less than the effort for this class. Most difficult to play for sure as I've found out.

From the looks of this vid, it's a good thing I have a Charr Thief to level up too...

http://www.thehealthygamer.com/2012/09/ ... nerf-this/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So one improvement they didnt do was to get class balance right :(.

I'll probably continue to play him but looks like I'll never PVP with my Ele.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: Elementalist

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I did some quick checking it looks like you can reset traits but not skills.

On classes, I've played 5 of them at least through level 10 (mesmer, engineer, ranger, necromancer and warrior). I assumed I'd like ranger best, as that's my class of choice in any MMO/RPG. But I have grown to love playing the mesmer. She has so many different options in combat, and they can be adjusted on the fly to the situation. She also survives combat the best of all those I've played recently (ranger, necro and engineer; been a while since I played the warrior). As a mesmer, it's so cool to be able to summon three clones/phantasms, one duel-wielding rapid-firing pistols, one a warlock and one just a dummy designed to pull aggro, and then at a signal have all three rush to the target and detonate themselves to deal heavy damage.

My second favor class is engineer, but she dies a lot in combat. I haven't mastered the alternate skill sets yet, such a grenade or bomb specialties. I do like being able to switch to a flame-thrower though, and summon a giant ice wurm.
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Re: Elementalist

Post by [JiF]Gib »

The one bad design flaw in the elementalist(although I do like mine) is that they have cool downs for switching back/to another elemental aspect when you switch to another. I read several times that the elementalist was designed to be "very dynamic". Well epic fail in that goal since they put cool downs on switching between the 4 elements...

Many times I blow my skills in Fire and want to switch to Earth for a quick cc(stun/knock down) or protection buff like rock armor and then switch to water to heal. that is where i often die because they make you wait to switch after each switch. You can only dodge 2x(energy) and im still waiting to switch.

They must have had some other definition of the word "dynamic" than the one I know of... :(