Guild Wars 2 - new JiF outpost on Anvil Rock

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Guild Wars 2 - new JiF outpost on Anvil Rock

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Gib and Jimbo have started playing Guild Wars 2, but were not able to get onto the Blackgate server. So they are on the Anvil Rock server. I moved one of my characters from Blackgate to there (Jifmancer), and started up a new one (Jifgineer).

Axe - since these are guys I play with regularly, and with whom I use Teamspeak, I'll likely spend most of my GW2 time on Anvil Rock. They also started a JiF guild (3 members so far), and as I understand it, I can be in both CFTC and JiF at the same, time correct?

If anyone else decides to take the plunge, you might join us on Anvil Rock if Blackgate is still full.

Note we are still spending a lot of time with DDO. As we level up, we're finding all kinds of cool new content. So I really can't say how our time will be split between DDO and GW2.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Guild Wars 2 - new JiF outpost on Anvil Rock

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm moving one of my characters too then. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Axe34
Forum User

Re: Guild Wars 2 - new JiF outpost on Anvil Rock

Post by [JiF]Axe34 »

[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote:Gib and Jimbo have started playing Guild Wars 2, but were not able to get onto the Blackgate server. So they are on the Anvil Rock server. I moved one of my characters from Blackgate to there (Jifmancer), and started up a new one (Jifgineer).

Axe - since these are guys I play with regularly, and with whom I use Teamspeak, I'll likely spend most of my GW2 time on Anvil Rock. They also started a JiF guild (3 members so far)...

If anyone else decides to take the plunge, you might join us on Anvil Rock if Blackgate is still full.
I appreiciate the info, Uncle Stink. I haven't recieved any updates on plans for the JiF grouping. So I was worried that everyone will be lost in the game, ha ha. (check private section)
I wanted to help guide us ( "JiF" community), into a new realm of exploration. Since there isn't much of explanation in-game on how to play the game. Helped Mike a bit... fun for me, watching Mike as a little long eared "dog" discovering new contents. It was entertaining for me, he he. Thanks Mike :)

The Blackgate and Anvil Rock servers.
I am sorry guys, that the Blackgate server is currently full. Blackgate was at mid level of players since released day, 2 months ago.

Why the blackgate server is currently full: (because the name is cool, he he kidding)

From the beginning, Blackgate was ranked 12 out of 24 servers on the american side in World versus World. Currently, this passed 3 or 4 weeks becoming one of the top 3 in ranking.
We also have lots of guilds and players jumping from one server to the next server to be on the winning side ("Team switchers", like we, in JiF, experienced on TFC and on BF1942 servers). This was an issue for the Company Anet, since they want to also stop the griefers from trying to cause one server side to lose on purpose. They made an update to the transfer option, allowing to transfer once every 7 days. Since the World vs World (pvp competition) last 7 days.

Why does WvW (world vs world) matter to the servers other than bragging rights, you may ask?
The benefits it gives for PvE players. Click on Power of the Mists to read more on benefits.

I know myself as a PvE player and other players in our Blackgate server has helped try to win for our server. By, donating WvW rewards to a known WvW Guild who represents Blackgate server. ( my rewards were: siege weapons blueprints, which are expensive to purchase in game. I get these rewards plus other rare loots from end chest in jumping puzzles)

Now onto Anvil Rock server.
The problem is, I won't be able to play side by side with you guys.... *crying* ;(

The good news: Doesn't matter what guild you are in. The guild doesn't attach to the specific server.

Currently in my guild, we have about 4-5 other members that can not enter to Blackgate server, they selected another server. We can still chat in the Guild chat logs, they still gain special benefits that we bought for our guild.
The only 2 things they don't get are: WvW bonus PvE "Power of the Mists", and the worse part, we can't play side by side in any maps. :(
They are still trying to get in as soon as the server isn't full. (heard best time to transfer are 5-6am, but who would want to get up at that time every morning to click the transfer button and hope for a lottery. ;) )
[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote: ...and as I understand it, I can be in both CFTC and JiF at the same, time correct?
Yes. You can be in 20 guilds at the same time. You need to hit the Represent button at the bottom of the guild window in order to: Read/Chat with the specific guild, recieve guild benefits and... I don't remember the third.

You can only represent 1 guild at a time, but you can spam that button as much as you want.
[JiF]Mike wrote:I'm moving one of my characters too then.
Just to be clear, your account is attached to the server, not the character. :(
Would have to wait till the Blackgate server is not full again to transfer back.
But you can represent both guilds :)

Hope it's not confusing, I didn't realize i made a wall of text on here. ha ha.

Futher questions are welcome. ;)