BF 1942

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

BF 1942

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Just a few words from a concerned.......dedicated BF42 player our server is seriously underpopulated why? maybe because we have too many variations that no one can join I just upgraded to EOD 2.51 to play on other servers now I can't join Jif server!!!! and where's Shell hope he's ok? that fella busts a gut to keep the server going.
I know I've been afk for a while.....family stuff but here's my view either simplify the server or it's dead. I used to pull Buschands down but I play more on German servers now than anywhere else.....why??? cos there's players on there. :sick: :sick:
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Re: BF 1942

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]DaftGeordie wrote:Just a few words from a concerned.......dedicated BF42 player our server is seriously underpopulated why? maybe because we have too many variations that no one can join I just upgraded to EOD 2.51 to play on other servers now I can't join Jif server!!!! and where's Shell hope he's ok? that fella busts a gut to keep the server going.
I know I've been afk for a while.....family stuff but here's my view either simplify the server or it's dead. I used to pull Buschands down but I play more on German servers now than anywhere else.....why??? cos there's players on there. :sick: :sick:
Shell has been busy with work, etc and I've been doing the server mod changes.
Should we go back to all regular BF42 every day and only do mods on "special occasions"?

Opinions?
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

I don't care about Vietnam, but it seems when I'm on BG42 I'm always joined by players on Mondays & Tuesdays. I've been trying to get on more but the last few months have not permitted it. Most of the time It's Pax Vobiscum, Ruger, and myself and a few others. So I guess I'm saying don't remove BG42.

Thanks to Brick for keeping things running!!!
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]philippe
Forum User

Post by [JiF]philippe »

Hello Brick,

Hope you are all well, if you ask opinion...(i know i'm not on the server anymore since few month, because no more time to play..i have my job, and i repare hold dirt motorbykes for me and my son...) i prefer to do mods on spécial occasion (i say again it's my personnal opinion)

I regrets the time when we was together in the morning or afternoon, good playing !! :thumbup:

Now, i have new computer, i have BF3, but the JIF bf3 server is on the spécial mod and i can't play with Jif server until i bought the mod... :sad:.. (if i have well understood...there is no BF 3 normal server ?

Just an information : is there any problem to load the bf1942 on my new computer, the game is not too hold ??

Thank you

See u soon

Philippe
[JiF]curtis
Forum User

Post by [JiF]curtis »

hi guys, also guilty of not playing almost the whole summer long too, weather was so fine & i also discovered the love for riding my mtbike again :) actually i do like all mods we play with slightly preferences to eod since i´m getting a little bit better on flying them choppers :) was really fun playing with cam yesterday!!! i ´m not sure if it´s going to change anything, if we switch playing the regular game only, tried a couple of other servers on saturday and most of them were high-grade underpopulated... my suggestion would be to announce certain times for getting together and playing, i know it´s not easy since some of us live in the states and others in europe but i think this could be arranged.... and... if we do want also other players to join and play with us we could also announce it on gametracker etc... also post it on fb, why not? I can help if you want me too, just let me know! actually i do think, this wonderful game needs to be promoted a little bit, since it has come into age... this is just the same as it´s been done in economies etc. to get something going again, and lot´s of things can´t be done better or improved, just like bf42! lot´s of people wouldn´t drink milk if they wouldn´t do promotion for it... and it´s still regular milk :)
that´s just my opinion and maybe it might help, but anyway: i´m fine with all decisions except stop playing this game!
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]philippe wrote:.

is there any problem to load the bf1942 on my new computer, the game is not too old ??
It will run on Windows 7.
See other forum posts about that.
I think you have to "run as administrator"
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

I pop into the server to avoid getting stabbed by Mini. I just tell him I'm on the BF3 server then let him conduct a futile search for me. ;)

Unfortunately, the good ship Windows 7 and BF42 (and its mods) do not get along all that well. I believe it's primarily a PB issue but I haven't the time or energy to track it down. Different mods like different compatibility settings. Some like XP, others not so much. I've yet to successfully get "Forgotten Hope" to run properly. Which is too bad since FH is my favorite mod. Its a little frustrating having to remember to change settings depending on mod.

Regardless of the settings and regardless of mod I get kicked on each map change - but I am certain that MS will make this a priority fix for Windows 8. -sigh- God bless Bill gates and all who sail on him!
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I got W7 & it runs like a dream on my machine.
No problems on install, virtually straight up & running.
I did make sure I had a good read through all the previous threads about installation on this.
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

Why not have a vote I prefer vanilla maps though lol
[JiF]philippe
Forum User

Post by [JiF]philippe »

[JiF]Brick wrote:
[JiF]philippe wrote:.

is there any problem to load the bf1942 on my new computer, the game is not too old ??
It will run on Windows 7.
See other forum posts about that.
I think you have to "run as administrator"
Ok thank you Brick,

I see that with my son, not good for me, he don't like my hold game... :(

-- Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am --
[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:I got W7 & it runs like a dream on my machine.
No problems on install, virtually straight up & running.
I did make sure I had a good read through all the previous threads about installation on this.
Ok Thank you Gav !!

:papa:
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

I vote vanilla I love all the mods but just want to see people on the server take a look at moongamer server almost always full
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Even though I don't get on BF42 anymore I think it might be a good idea to try Vanilla for a while (maybe a couple of months) and see if more people get on. The main thing is to get regulars on (non JiF'ers) and it's kind of hard to do with 3 things changing all week.

It might be fun also to have maybe to set up one day where we get all the JiF'ers on for a night for old time sakes. Would be fun to get a whole bunch on for a few hours. Maybe Mike can set up a mass mailing to this sites members when a date and time is set.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

Id be up for that but I work nights a lot now
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

the little time i have to game I reserve for BF3 on my PS3 but I would love to get back on the pot luck for a JiF reunion night
weekends are best for me but could probably make any night with sufficient notice.

my 2 cents are that vanilla is most likely to attract and keep players but its simply the fact that the playing community is so small these days that people will go where people are so if we don't populate our server tyhen we can't really complain that others don't - most Jiffers now play other games (me included)...
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

OK
It seems the consensus is to go with all regular BF42.
Also, as Geordie mentioned, we need to upgrade EoD to v 2.51 to stay current
I am going to need Mike or Shell to help me with this when they get time.

Lets keep it on regular BF42 for a few weeks and see if the server is more populated.
Maybe we can get enough of us on to play some conquest!
Please make an effort to play when you can over the next few weeks.

Brick