DAY Z

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: DAY Z

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Got a tent at the rocks, by the lake. Trying to build a shed :) Have something to make keys too. Dunno what to do with it yet.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

ok got some stuff Ill drop it off

-- Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 pm --

Found your tent ,put another one just to the right of that one in the grass , just the top is visable
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I put another in the rocks and got killed trying to access it :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I got the nasty bandit Pop. You have been avenged, one shot :) Grabbed what I could, fixed the jeep and parked it back a the camp.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

We need Doc to go here http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and tell us how to build stuff.
I am thinking a nice elevated ranch with a two car garage. Maybe a nice shed to go with it. Obviously we are going to need some help with this :)
Pretty interesting stuff to do in DayZ EPOCH.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Apparently we need a "30 Meter Plot Pole".
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Okay I read more instructions. I am ready to build our dream home. We don't have to search for wood. Chop down a tree, convert it to lumber, convert the lumber to plywood. I figured it out without Doc!!! Pick a building site Pop and let me know where. We can live happily ever after. Would be good to buy at 30 meter pole to help protect it. Our vehicles are gone. I would guess we could leave the tents where they are or move them later when we have a U-Haul :)
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Ok ill look around,couldnt get on Fri . I could play anything but DayZ.havent tried today

-- Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:44 pm --

cant get on tried to uninstall and reinstall, no good Don't know what I did to make this happen
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

EPOCH got updated. I could not join either and it took me a while to figure it out. Finally the update has shown up on DayZ Commander. I just ran the update.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Hey Pop a quick question. Why did I shoot out the tire of our truck when I could have just removed it? :? :? :? :? :?
Follow up question. Why did you let me do that? :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Oh ya, did more checking and we need some scrap metal to build the basic workshop (empty crate). Not sure, but I think we can convert engines or fuel tank parts to scrap metal from what I have been reading.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Pop, I got you a sledge hammer head and a fishing pole for your BD. Come on the server and I will give them to you :)
I tried the fishing pole and got nothing though :(
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

The alpha is out on Steam!!!!!!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

$29.99 for an alpha game seems stupid, but I am hooked on the mode so I will get it.
Estimating 1 year to beta??? Umm...
Still I am gonna buy it :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Flashlight Help!!!

OMG this was driving me nuts :wtf:
The Flashlight is a piece of Equipment in DayZ Standalone.

Flashlight creates a cone of yellowish light in front of the user to aid nighttime visibility.

Using the flashlight in the DayZ Standalone Alpher is kind of tricky. You have to first drag the Alkaline Battery (9V) onto the flashlight and attach it. Then you need to drag the flashlight to your toolbelt. You can then turn it on by pressing "F" twice. You will notice the flashlight is now aiming to your side. To aim the flashlight, toggle "aiming mode" by pressing the spacebar on you keyboard.

Caution should be employed when using the flashlight as it can easily reveal the player's location to other survivors. Zombies do not react to the light.

The flashlight takes up a toolbelt slot when not in use and when equipped occupies the sidearm weapon slot (changed via right-click menu). If a sidearm is already equipped, it must first be dropped or placed in the player's backpack. Once equipped, the flashlight can be toggled on and off with the default 'L' key, though it is only effective at night and will not work in daylight.