DAY Z

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

DAY Z

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

This is pretty fun. TKing allowed and encouraged by some :twisted:
Don't go it alone :hug: You are really gonna want a or some friends along. You die you lose everything and have to start all over. Quite challenging I think.
Just tried it for the first time last night with Doc. Good practice for the future ;)

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: DAY Z

Post by [JiF]corn »

Wow that is cool and really makes you think about everything you do because there is no respawn.
I could see it rapidly becoming a game of gangs and clan wars
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Ya, but you do actually get to respawn. You just lose all your stuff and are randomly placed on the beach with no map to follow. Hard to find your friends again.
The good thing is your friends can take your stuff and hold it for you or guard it until you make the 3 hour walk in zombie and bandit territory to get back to them :)
With the current version you don't actually spawn with any weapon. You have to go find one without getting killed.

Last night Doc was low on blood. We were looking around for some animal to kill so he could eat it and restore his blood:)
You have to have something to kill the goat, rabbit, cow or what ever you find then you have to have a hunting knife to cut it up and matches to start a fire to cook and eat it :) Of course all that nonsense attracts TKers (bandits) and zombies :)

I ended up finding a hospital while Doc waited in a grocery store cause he was too weak to see well. I found a bag of blood on the roof of the hospital.
Doc being almost blind set off a ton of road flares and chemlights to help me find my way back to him. It lighted up the whole block :) I made it back gave him the blood and he was okay, but it had attacked 3 bandits who took us out. Not to mention the zombies.

One of the cool features is if you join a server find a bunch of stuff and quit the next time you join a server you spawn with your stuff. I think maybe even in the same location.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

this does look cool, I watched some vids on youtube - one of a guy who got shot by a player so decided to wreak vengance on everyone - must've killed about 20 people with a lee enfield he found.

then he started talking 'street' even though he was clearly a 30 year old preppy white guy so I quit watching
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I also watched a couple of videos guys on you tube.
A guy with a scope and a spotter took out 4 people from on top of a building.;)
Last edited by [JiF]corn on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Here is a pretty sweet interactive map, so you can search for whatever your need. Like a GPS, food, gas, weapon, boat. Then go see if you can find it.
http://dayzdb.com/map#2.071.088

-- Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:56 am --

The Arma 2 Six Updater has been improved. You can directly install the mods from it.
You need Arma 2 stuff installed first.

http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I am hiding here right now with my stuff. Even though I left the game I should pick up here when I join again. Hope there are no zombies when I re-enter :)
http://dayzdb.com/map#5.131.088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Game web site http://dayzmod.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to say I am having fun just sneaking around finding stuff and just avoiding everyone and the zombies.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Yeah Grimp I like it too Ill meet you and Doc on ts and have some fun
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Good idea. I need you guys to protect me. I think I am between Xeam and Bepe3nho right now hiding in the woods :)
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

I did new update now battleye wont let me on ?? ill figure it out and try to get on monday
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

You use the new six updater. Pretty easy to run.
Last night it did take me several times to connect to a server and it took a long time. Like 5 minutes. It is alpha code :)
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

So what all do you need to start playing? Arma 2 and the mod?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

I used 6 updater I think it was user eror because it works now.Kelly I think thats it ,I also have opp Arrowhead ,but i dont think you need that .not sure.But I am sure someone will read this and let us know. :wave:

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:42 am --

Grimp I made it to N.side of Willow Lake ,heading south :wave:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Requirements:
•ArmA II: Combined Operations
•DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
•Balls

Doc and I had tons of stuff! Then we got toasted :(
I think I am on the beach again naked.

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 am --

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/sub/4638" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$29

-- Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:25 am --

Oh and you really need the 6 updater or play with 6 as updating and patching is a real pain without it.
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Yes you need Arma 2: Combined Operations (Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead). Steam has the package on sale fairly often for $15 or so. Theres tons of content for Arma 2 so we return to play various mods now and then.

Dayz is currently in the Alpha stage, fair amount of bugs and glitches but still fun. Its constantly being updated so I recommend downloading "Play with Six". Six updater is another good utility but is in the process of being replaced by "play with six", so I would just get "play with six". http://play.withsix.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;