DAY Z

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: DAY Z

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Bug list. May explain some things :http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Known_Bugs

I think the truck is probably still there Pop. Probably take me days to get back there to find it :)
I wonder if the guy had quit while in the truck and it is causing issues.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

This is hilarious reading you guys logs on DAYZ.
Makes me wish i could be there. :lol:
Keep us posted with more stuff.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I am hiding just below Novy Sabor. I have another tent to put our stuff in :)

The game is really fun. It's actually the first game in a long time I have become obsessed with. It take so much time to do stuff I have to set a clock and quit after a certain amount of time. Even then I say I will just check out this one last barn for stuff then quit. Then I get killed and have to start all over :)
We have not been able to make it back to the place our bus is hiding for a day. I hope it's still there with Doc's tent. Then I have to go hunt for where I left the truck to see if it is still there. I did not have a map when I had the truck so I only have a rough idea. Gonna be searching for hours :)
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

I was on with pop today, and still had my gear. Died somehow but made it back to get my stuff, then headed to the tent. The bus is gone but the pickup works and seems safe (only has 2 seats though). Checked the tent and it still has everything in it. Unfortunately because I died I can no longer relocate the tent but it will stay there if we keep putting stuff in it.

Went to the beach to pick up Pop. Hes at the tent now grid XXXXXX and I'm at the truck, grid XXXXXX north of the tent. The truck is tucked in some pine trees but should be easy enough to find. Theres 8 gas cans in the back, used 4 today to refuel the truck. The truck gets a lot better mpg than the bus though :) . Used Half a tank to get to the beach and back to the tent, and it only takes 4 cans to fill it. I can probably pick you up tomorrow A.M. so you can rearm.

The chopper also went down and started a forest fire, should have stopped to take some pictures it was really impressive :lol: .

Edited by Grimp. Are you nuts putting the grid numbers in here! There are bandits everywhere just waiting to rob us :shh:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I will miss the bus ;( ;( ;(

-- Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 pm --

Oh and what's with Pop always back on the beach now that we are "helping" him :) Without our help he lasted for weeks and weeks :)
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

We will just have to find one of these :D

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Oh ya, I want one of those!

-- Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 pm --

I am at the truck. I will PM the truck location to Pop :)
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

after server reboot tent is gone and I cant find the truck :( ;( :( :shoot:
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Admin came on after you left pop and asked if the server needed a reboot. Told him about the missing tent so he rebooted. The tent and truck are back but did not save all of the gear. Im back at the truck now
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Okay, lets take the truck and go find a little blue van :)

That was pretty nice of him to do that. I take back everything bad I said about that server. It's just the hackers I don't like :)
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

So the latest update:

We now have 2 trucks and 5 tents. We finally found the blue van but it was stolen and a bicycle was left in its place :( . The current tent and vehicle locations will be pm'ed to all the current players.

Found Jimbo on the beach and gave him some gear. We ventured into a town for a bit but on the way out we heard the truck start up and it began to roll away. There was no way we were losing that truck again so I opened fire. The truck stopped but was still running so we went to investigate. We found a player (Jesse) on the ground passed out. We then discovered he was unarmed and "fresh off the beach". I tried to heal him but wasn't able to do anything so we put some medical supplies and food in the pack and drove off, a minute later he died.

I decided to go check the shoreline to see if I could find him. Picked him up near the SE tent and gave him some medical supplies and a gun from our neighbors tent on the island. He may be interested in playing with us so keep an eye out for him. I told him to hang around the tent and we may meet up with him. I have also added him on steam.

My in-game mic did not appear to be working fyi. They may have it disabled on the server. So if you come across any players you may have to type. If you see Jesse you can tell him you know Doc so hopefully he wont shoot, but be cautious. I made him keep his flashlight out so he wasn't able to shoot back.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Ok...so I have seen this dayz thing all over youtube and gaming sites...now you guys are getting in on it. I know it is an ARMA mod, but is it like L4D or an MMO. You guys talk about leaving and coming back, if it is not an MMO is it persistent? Do you always have to go back to the same server? The stuff I have seen about this game it does look like it takes a while to play. Is there an objective to the game or is it just find stuff and survive the zombie Apocalypse.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

It's a FPS in the Arma style. Servers up to around 50 players. Some things are persistent across all servers and some things only on the server you are playing on.
The things you carry go from server to server. Things like tents and vehicles are persistent only on the server you are on.
The goal is just to survive, so it's never ending. You never win :)
The game is alpha and it's Arma, so it has it's issues. They are coming out with a standalone version pretty soon I guess.
Hacks and cheats seem fairly common. Arma was designed to let people script and mod it making it fairly easy to hack I guess.
For example the other day I was riding a bike and all of a sudden I was transported to a single point on the map and all the vehicles on the map transported there. Someone then jumped in a vehicle and took off. Mayhem ensued as players realized all the hidden vehicles had spawned in one location. Obviously someone ran a hack script and caused it.
Dunno how the standalone will fair unless they lock it down pretty well.

Oddly with all the issues I find it fun to play. Can't wait to get on and do nothing but roam around and try not to get in trouble :)
I would say if you have Arma why not give it a shot or if Arma is on sale cheap on Steam pick it up. You need Combined OPS.
It took me a long time to like Arma, but once I did I just keep going back to play it on and off. Pace is generally pretty slow and it has way too many keyboard thingies. Maps are huge. Then there are the little fun things like a flash of lightening followed by a thunder clap, then it rains. Next thing you know it stops and Pop says hey look at the pretty rainbow :)

Anyone is always welcome to come play with us. We can use you as zombie and sniper bait ;)

-- Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 am --

If you have never played Arma and want to enjoy it quickly. You really want to go on with someone who has and cut the learninig curve way down. Watch out for Jimbo. If it moves he shoots it.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

The truck appears to be gone ,but I replaced it with a UAZ I think its 4 pasgr.I also spent a little time on lingor Isl that was fun
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

the lingor mod is great more "stuff" more loot, more zeds, more people, but I died 4 times yesterday never by a zombie so more bandits. I met the guy who owns the server. hes a good guy so judge and I buddied up with them for a while.. his name was Young Gun.. going back today. The server is RatedMGaming.