Erm I'm starting to think this won't last long

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Erm I'm starting to think this won't last long

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Well looky what I just got on my Medal of Honour Facebook feed.
Yes they are already talking about the beta for BF4. I can't believe that they are even posting this when we are only 1 set of maps in to a 4 release series. :x :shoot:
Has anyone seen any information on a projected release date for BF4?
MoH.jpg
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Re: Erm I'm starting to think this won't last long

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Yup, beta to be fall of next year.

Source: http://mp1st.com/2012/07/17/battlefield ... ary-video/
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

There was apparently a slip about pre-ordering WarFighter and getting beta access to BF4. This was pulled very quickly and now is just rumors. The rumor though now is though after the last DLC is the potential dates for BF4 releases. No word if a BF3:Bad Company 3 is in the works (was supposed to be before any BF4 talk)....

right now it is just rumors...but there is supposed to be something about it with the WarFighter (which I am not sure if I will get, did not like MoH that much)

Update...
from origin itself. no BF3:BC3. more info in November. But if you think about it, BF3 was released in October of 2011, BF3 beta was about 1-2 months before that and the alpha a month before that. So if beta is coming (best case scenario) November/December then you would probably expect the release for February/March 2013 (assuming we all survive the coming Apocalypse in december).

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/ ... .246001900

-- Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 pm --

looks like a possible late fall 2013 release for BF4...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/17/battl ... r-trailer/
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I'm figuring fall release on the beta for a pre Christmas release of the full game
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

So my question is...WHY? To me, creating a new game in the BF series like BF3 where it drastically changes the games graphics and engine I can see doing. So are they just doing another game in the series with the same old tired modern theme that everyone else is doing? Unless they are making it in a direction towards ARMA with more realism for ranges and damage(minus the over-complications) I just don't see a need for another modern game, let alone another version of BF2+ and its spin offs.

Does anyone know what new breakthrough features if any this will have or is all we have right now just news of a new game in the fall of '13? Maybe I'm alone in my opinion but if its the same basic thing as BF3, why not just make new maps for BF3 instead?

I am really looking forward to Hero's & Generals with its tactical/strategic marriage like nothing else has done before. I hope it lives up to my expectations and is fun! Plus, I love WW2 games better :)
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

It continues the hardware/software upgrade cycle. I had to update my computer, both CPU and GPU for BF3, granted I was going from an Athlon 3700 with a PCI (not express) nVidia 7200GT up to a Core I5/Radeon 6800, which was probably a 6-7 generation jump.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I was thinking they were just doing it for more money since they can charge more for a "new game" than from the add-ons DLC's :)

Here's to hoping it IS going to be NEW features never seen before and improvements in gameplay....

...mmm, on second thought, it IS DICE/EA game, it will be full of the same old bugs that are in every game they ever made....
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

from twitter origin.

We've been getting a lot of questions about when #BF4 will be released. We're not setting a date yet, but the Beta is in Fall 2013.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

The single, best, new feature they could add is something to make it 100% hack-proof.

Last night there was a guy on a server who ended up with a score of 58-2. He was running around in a BTR, essentially sniping people out of impossible places with his gun. I was the incredulous victim several times.

It seems these days I can't stay on any server longer than 5 maps or so before I get so frustrated with what seems to be hacking behavior that I leave in disgust and go back to Diablo III (nothing like killing thousands of mobs to relieve pressure, though I do suspect the desert wasps of hacking at times).
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Here's an oops looks like we've been caught with our pants down release from EA re BF4

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Here is the true story of the BF4 leak (just kidding)...gotta love freddie....