Need a cheap car.

Looking for something? Post here and maybe someone can help
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Need a cheap car.

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

Anyone have a cheap beater i could bum off you for somewhere around $1500 i am low on cash and my truck just isn't cutting it anymore.... somewhere near mass. Thanks
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I have one that I would sell for $800. Needs some work though.
ImageImage
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

What kind of work would it intail and is there any pictures?
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

I Couldn't resist. :wink:
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

I can't blaim you
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol!

The car is a 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo. The work it needs isn't easy, thus why I haven't done it. It needs a new Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), until this is replaced no heat, no gauges, no A/C...all you have is an engine and a radio. This is a common problem for this make/model and I found an IPC on E-Bay for around $150 if I sent the old one back. I guess some capacitor loses it's juice and kills it. I even found some instructions on replacing the capacitor, but they recommended having the IPC tested before putting it back in service. I had this listed on a few sites for $800, and keep meaning to list it again. It's also developed a leak in the power steering, but the leak is right in the front and should be easy to fix. It also needs oil change/tune up at this point I am sure. If the car was in good working order it would be worth about $2200 according to KBB. So I figure $1400 should easily fix the problems. I've been planning on doing the work myself in the spring and selling it for the KBB value..but I would happily sell it for $800 and let someone else do it. I'm tired of looking at it lol. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

By the looks of the red tractor attatchment i could assume you have some tractors, and deeres you want to sell???
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

My father is the one with tractors, I used that tiller on our garden and stored it there, not far from our garden. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Pardon the hijack...

Mike, you still doing the chickens?
How's it going??
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.