Metro:2033

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Metro:2033

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

So I don't know if any of you have heard of this book and subsequent game (PC and XBox only) but I can heartily recommend it.

The book is set in the Moscow metro system after a nuclear war and details the existence of what could be the last remaining people on earth as they struggle to survive amongst themselves and against mysterious mutants and creatures that are beginning to infest the metro.

The game has mixed reviews with many people saying they love and hate it in equal measure - it is apparently quite linear (well you are in tunnels and it does follow a book) but supposed to be incredibly atmospheric and genuinely scary.

Bullets function as the only recognised currency in the metro so you can't just run around killing stuff and then buy more ammo.

I was reminded of it after watching this BF3 video (below) and have now ordered the game for PC - will let you know what I think, but would like to hear from any of you who have played it.

He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula