An interesting article on Hacking

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: An interesting article on Hacking

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

=sigh=

Zouga, I am not running down Kapuskasing, or any other town in this wonderful province or country. I am participating in the age old tradition of beating up on a community smaller then my own. There is no malice, just the well intentioned teasing of a vastly inferior cousin. In fact, I see it as a service to our little neighbors. It helps to keep their expectations from growing beyond their means. It would be truly cruel to unduly puff up their hopes with little gestures of respect. Next thing you know they would be demanding representation in government, education, cable television or access to health care. What then? Anarchy.

Truth is, Kapuskasing is one of the more beautiful towns on this planet. Even the few survivors of WWI internment agreed it was indeed a lovely prison. Of course back then Kapuskasing was called MacPherson, they changed the name to Kapuskasing (a Cree word whose meaning is unclear, at least when you are sober) in 1917 out of fear that they might be mistaken for MacPherson Manitoba. In a related fact; MacPherson Manitoba also changed their name in order not to be associated with MacPherson Manitoba. Seriously, goolge them – they no longer exist. Whew, thank god that was cleared up.

Fact is it has been many moons since a tourist was eaten by a bear, or a wolf or another tourist. Of course they don’t get many tourists – not since the OPP had to shoot a crocodile that was menacing nearby pedestrians. http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/de ... sp?c=43762 Rumors abound that the crocodile was drunk at the time have never been substantiated. The owner of a nearby saloon claims not to recognize the crocodile as one of his regular customers but added that long as the Croc “of age” he is always welcome. The investigation continues.

I am not claiming that Kapuskasing is suffering from some sort of crocodile infestation. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cocodiles simply cannot abide living in an area where they can be trampled to death by a moose at any time. Survival instincts are hard to suppress in Crocs – even at -49C, the average temperature enjoyed by the Crocs of Kapuskasing in January. That is why the crocodiles are rumored to have migrated south to nearby Moonbeam.

No Zouga, I am not running down my neighbors, my province or my country. I am sharing a cultural tradition. So I beg of you to come and visit – judge for yourself. Eat poutine and enjoy a real beer. Spend money.

The friendly people of the north will welcome with open hearts and arms. It won’t take you long to pick up on the local dialect – it’s the queens English spoken with a slight hint of the “effects du rum”. Lots and lots of rum. Come in January and we will have you speaking like a native in no time flat. In less then a week you’ll be wearing flannel shirts, fleece lined jeans and wondering why God has decided to smile upon you. Hypothermia can lead to these types of hallucinations. This is the truth of why we live in the North; fresh air, abundant wild life, clean water and the all natural high of hypothermia. God bless Kapuskasing. God bless the great white north.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Did we give the wrong impression? :)

I have been to Canada 3 times in my life that I remember. Every visit I had a great time and was always impressed at how friendly and helpful people were to me there. Seriously a great place to visit. Some poor woman took the time when we went to Montreal to put us on the right buss to the city with her then bring us through the underground city and put us right in front of the train we needed to be on. She wasted a lot of time on the idiot Americans without a thought. Back in the 70's I went to Quebec. Ended up in a disco. Let's just say it was fun :) Girls were trying to get me to say things in French and giggling their butts off. Oh, we don't have to mention that one to my wife. It was way before I met her, but it does not seem to make any difference.

Well to be honest there was one little problem at the border once. They don't seem to have any sense of humor at the border. Just don't be silly at the border they don't appreciate it :)
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I've never been to Canada, but I did look across the Detroit river and viewed Windsor after staying at a Holiday Inn Express for the night. Based on those experiences, I can say all you have to do blend in with the locals in Canada is end every sentence with "eh". Oh, and don't ask for Canadian bacon with breakfast!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Nevermind