next BF3 update

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

next BF3 update

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

here is what is coming shortly...

Here is a list of potential fixes for a future update. I've been scouring the feedback from Battlelog, Symthic, Reddit, Twitter and other places. As usual, this is not exhaustive, nor is this a guarantee we will perform these changes. Instead this is a request for feedback from our community. Currently I cannot see any substantial reason to make balance changes the weapons added in Close Quarters. The only weapon that has received substantial OP/UP feedback is the M417, which I feel is working exactly as it is intended: a good mid range run and gun weapon which lacks the long range accuracy of the MK11/SVD and has worse mobility than the SKS.

On to the Changes:

*A number of weapons have had their reload timers adjusted to better fit their animations and gameplay balance. For most of these weapons the gameplay timers were slightly out of sync with the actual reload animation, meaning the player could either fire before the animation was done, or had to wait longer than the animation played. Primarily this is a cosmetic change (around 0.1sec); however for a few weapons (M416, F2000, FAMAS, KH2002, MK3A1, JNG90, MG36 QBU-88, SVD, Pecheneg, SCAR-H, AN-94) this should also improve the performance of the weapon.
*Short and Long reload reduced: SCAR-L, AEK-971, F2000, AN-94, AK-74, PP2000, G3A3, SKS, MG36, JNG-90, MK3A1, SCAR-H, SVD, QBZ-95B
*Long reload reduced: AUG A3, 44 Magnum, KH2002, Pecheneg, L85A2, QBB-95, M1911, MP7, M4A1
*Short reload reduced: FAMAS, M39 EBR, M416, PP-19, QBU-88;
*Short and long reload increased: ASVal
*Long reload increased: P90

*Belt Fed Machine guns are now more accurate when standing and firing while aiming: M240, M249, Type88, and Pecheneg
*Increased the close range damage of the UMP but reduced its damage over range. The UMP now has a sweet spot in CQB but suffers compared to the PP2000 at longer ranges.
*Increased the long range damage of the PP2000 to highlight its role as a mid-range, low recoil PDW.
*Increased the min damage of the M1911 to make it fit better between the Magnums and the M9/MP443
*Reduced the M93R's damage and range, as it was an obvious goto pistol compared to the M9/MP443. Its recoil has been reduced for a smoother burst action to counter the reduced damage.
*Increased the fire rate and reload time of the MP412 REX to better highlight the improved CQB performance over the 44 Magnum.
*SG553: Horizontal recoil reduced to help make this weapon more controllable.
*MG36: Vertical recoil reduced to make this weapon more controllable.
*M416: Vertical, Horizontal, and First Shot recoil have all be reduced to make this weapon clearly different from the M16A3.
*44 Magnum: Rate of fire reduced slightly to highlight this sidearm's role as a slow firing heavy hitter and differentiate it from the MP412 REX.
*M16A3: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
*M4A1: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
*G36: Vertical and First Shot recoil amounts reduced.
*The bonuses provided by a number of bipods have been increased: F2000, G3A3, M27, M416, Pecheneg, Type88, FAMAS, MG36
*Added Burst Fire to the M5K as an available option.
*Slightly reduced the range bonus added by the heavy barrel on the 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm Assault Rifles.
*Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on 5.56mm, 5.45mm, and 6.5mm weapons: AR, Carbine, and LMG.
*Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on the SCAR-H.
*The radius for maximum damage of the 40mm LVG has been slightly increased. The overall damage level and range remain the same.
*Fixed the SCAR-L heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.
*Fixed Jets not getting bonuses on Laser Designated targets.
*Fixed the AUG’s M320 smoke having an incorrectly high projectile velocity.

*Fixed helicopter weapons being unable to destroy equipment with splash damage.
*Increased the damage helicopter and jet rockets do to helicopters and jets and infantry.
*Increased the damage helicopter gunners and IFVs do to helicopters and jets.
*Slightly increased the damage of the AA vs infantry, AA is significantly less effective than even the coaxial LMG on tanks, making it extremely vulnerable. AA should be effective against a single infantryman but not over powering.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: next BF3 update

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So they're going to slow the Magnum 44 reload rate? Gun Mode is going to be even more painful!
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

heh, no kidding. They better make the 44 mag's bullets 4" wide so I can hit something with it then! :)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Stinky it's the rate of fire, so in Gun Master when you're battling with the already slow firing Magnum, you're going to struggle some more.
I don't think it is that heavy a hitter either. Last night Gib spawned in & I saw him so before he moved I put 2 slugs in him from not very far away. Then Gib fires & I'm dead. Go figure how this weapon is a heavy hitter!
Also they are reducing the M93R's damage, which I think is the 2nd pistol used. So if you don't get off to a good start with people coming in to your sights easily then you've had it.
Why do they have to keep fiddling. People get used to a weapon, if they don't like the way something works choose a different one that does. :x :shoot:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I'm still Pi**ed about the changes they made to the MG36 - took away the extended mag and made it hugely inaccurate unless you are prone with a bipod.

Oh no, this gun is more effective than this other gun - we better make it rubbish or some people won't be able to compete - boo hoo.

On the Mag .44 - I hate it because of the recoil, if you miss with the first shot then you are dead because it takes so long to get it back on target, although I did get a few one shot kills with it last night from close range - anything in the head or central torso is good enough - but if you hit an arm or leg it gives about 60-70% damage and unless you do some serious bunny hopping and ducking and weaving you are likely to get tagged before you can follow up
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Sounds like I'm going to be real lost when I get back to the game. But then again.......
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:Sounds like I'm going to be real lost when I get back to the game. But then again.......
re·me·di·al/riˈmēdēəl/
Adjective:
1. Giving or intended as a remedy or cure.
2. Provided or intended for BF3 players who are experiencing learning difficulties.
3. A process that allows Mini to run up knife kills while laughing his butt off.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

hehe.