BF3 server and CQ

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: BF3 server and CQ

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Jimbo has just been in touch with me & he says that as he & I enjoy Gun Master so much could we have a lot more of that in please :hihi:
Not!!
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

We need to take you, Jimbo, and Stinky to the shooting range need to put 1000's of rounds downrange... :lol:

I loved gunmaster, minus the !@#$%^& hackers.

One thing, are you guys moving side to side jukeing and are you not holding the shift key to run? Also We are getting older but the younger players 20-30's reflexes are in their prime, don't forget that ;) Try lying in ambush?

Dunno, just trying to help :)
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

sorry. I might be not understanding the sarcasm. you want more gun game? From what I have read its not very popular. I only added it in for tonight so I can try. but if you guys want more or less, let me know. I an to please.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Based on some of the things I heard on TS last night, I would say that it is sarcasm.

Much as I dislike the runaway winner part of Gun Mode (the better players keep getting better weapons, so pretty soon you are wielding a single shot pistol against a squad armed with fully automatic weapon), it does help you to level up the assignments needing pistol and shotgun kills.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Sorry yes I was being sarcastic, but don't take it out. How else am I going to improve if I don't get to keep trying.
I think your set up looks just fine Phantom, if we find it not to be, then we can just feed back here in this thread.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

lol...no prob...I was reading your post while driving and I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. will hopefully see you guys tonight after I get the kids to bed...
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

So far even though its death match I am really enjoying it.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

FYI - reading computer messages while driving is not a good idea. Dad Mode/off
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Well we've been playing it for a few nights now & I think the general consensus is that we like the conquest domination format. Also some of us played on a higher ticket server a few nights ago where the domination tickets started at 600, it meant that the round lasted longer with loads of good fire fights (on our current setting it seems to be over too quickly)
So I propose the following: - changing the second map from Death match to domination, thus giving a domination on each of the maps.
The ticket thing was just a personal experience / preference from playing a few servers with varied numbers of tickets. What do others think?

Operation 925 GunMaster
Scrapmetal Domination
Donya Fortress Domination
Ziba Tower Team Death Match
Operation 925 Domination
Scrapmetal GunMaster
Donya Fortress Squad Death Match
Ziba Tower Domination
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I like the idea of more tickets. You can really rack up some achievement needs and points.

Also, I like domination much more than death match in these small maps. Death match feels like a bunch of armed mice on meth running in circles through a maze. Capping flags at least gives the map some purpose.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Ok, lets try this tonight. I have doubled the amount of tickets, on Domination maps added 2 rounds before moving to the next map. I kept one gunmaster and two team death matches but only one round each....

Operation 925 GunMaster
Scrapmetal Domination (2 rounds)
Ziba Tower Team Death Match
Donya Fortress Domination (2 rounds)
Operation 925 Domination (2 rounds)
Scrapmetal Team Death Match
Ziba Tower Domination (2 rounds)
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I played on a dedicated CQ server last night and wow - what a contrast between games.

I joined in the middle of a round of gun master on Dom Fortress and was way behind the other players, somehow I got on a roll after 3 straight deaths and killed 11 people before dying again, eventually finished 4th on level 14.
Being pleased with myself I stuck around for the next game which was Ziba Tower Conquest Domination.
My squad were immense and we totally dominated the game - I finished 58 -22 in 2nd place with 62000+ points counting my unlocks and medals etc...
Incredible I thought, I am in the zone tonight

the next map was Scrapmetal Gun master and 5 minutes into the game I was still on level 1 with 1 kill and 11 deaths.
It was about then that I decided to call it a night....
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

FYI. I changed my FOV in the options from 70 (default) to 80 and I like it! Just in case none of you have tried it I would recommend it. I always felt the screen looked a little constricted but this has opened it up a bit. You get a very slight fisheye but you only notice it for the first minute then your eyes adjust and you never notice it again. Some people use 90 but that's just way too fisheye. I would suggest fiddling around with it between 70 and 80 and see if you like it. It opens up the view a bit (peripheral) and you might like it.

P.S. It looks like camouflage is coming for some more guns in the future (make's 'em look purdy!)
Last edited by [JiF]CowHide on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

how to play gun master

He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Well that makes more sense than my way.
I shoot my teammate (Gav) twice in the back then go hide in a corner with my pistol, don't fire and wait till it's over hoping nobody ever finds me. Score minus 2 kills 0 deaths. It's darn near a perfect score.