Need help with barking dogs in BF3...

[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Need help with barking dogs in BF3...

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Even when I'm not in a squad, I can hear voice chat being broadcast from other players. A few days ago I could hear someone's dog yapping insistently over the game audio, and I cannot describe how annoying it was after 5 minutes. Is there any way to disable the global voice chat permanently? I can't find any way to do it in the options menus. (Not on PS3 anyway)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: Need help with barking dogs in BF3...

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Wow, and I thought the crow on the BF42 Karden mod map was bad...... :hihi:

Haven't had this issue on the PC version.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

It's that damned cat on Seine that gets me when you are sitting protecting that flag. At least you can get away from it by moving flags.
To have other people's background sounds constantly in your ear must be a real nuisance. 8/
I guess it is just a console thing, as Stinky says we've not experienced that on PC based version. Just miniBadger when he gets on TS in one of his talkative modes :lol:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

On PS3 you can set your audio/chat sothat only your squad or team can hear it - unfortunately you cannot do the same thing for received audio.
I had a similar issue where some guy was (probably deliberately) playing terrible music in the background - I think it was Shenia Twain or someone like that - so I set my VOIP to team and basically told him to shut it!
after that there was no more cheesy pop.

The alternative is to switch squad, team or change server all of which suck but thats as good as it gets on PS3
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Of course, the in-game sounds can be just as bad. As when you are hiding as a sniper and someone next to you shouts "HERE'S YOUR AMMO!!!!!!!!"

On some maps, I hear a Russian guy doing some kind of insane, maniacal cackling. What's that about?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote:Of course, the in-game sounds can be just as bad. As when you are hiding as a sniper and someone next to you shouts "HERE'S YOUR AMMO!!!!!!!!"

On some maps, I hear a Russian guy doing some kind of insane, maniacal cackling. What's that about?
So says the mumbling sniper! :lol:
When I spawned on you Maving away last night, I suddenly realised every time you spot something your character actually says it out loud in game. :shock:
You were crouching in that building all alone mumbling away to yourself :lol:

I think the mad cackling might be me when I go on one of my sniper hunts & eventually track them down, then stick the knife in. Oh that gives me so much pleasure :viva:
I should have my fraps ready to run so I can play it back again :shoot: