STUPID STUPID STUPID

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

So I left Origin up today cause I new there was an update for BF3 coming. Checked in from work and tried to launch Battlelog.
I can't get in unless I install a new browser. Did I say I think that is STUPID! If I didn't let me say right now it's STUPID!
I have to upgrade to IE 9 to play a STUPID game? Not that I have played much, but I think it's STUPID.
There may be reasons for it, but probably no really needed ones :P
Okay mindless rant is overwith, but I am not installing IE 9. Last time I tried it was horrible. I might think about Firefox :)
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: STUPID STUPID STUPID

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I've used Firefox & it ran fine.
Currently using Chrome with no problems either.
So if you don't want to do IE9 then either of these would do.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I just want to complain for a bit, then I will take care of it :)
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I think they had posted in the BF3 forums a couple of weeks ago that they were only supporting ie9. Chrome works well to from what i have read.

they really didnt make it well known though..
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Trust me it's a blessing in disguise.

I use Firefox and I would never ever go back to Internet Explorer, your better off with it.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Grimp I just donated a peanut to you. I hope that helps you get through this tumultuous time.

Also why am I the only one in the entire Internetz who has Firefox, Chrome, and IE9 installed on his machine? I use IE9 for some sites. Firefox for other sites. And one day I'm confident I'll find a use for Chrome.

One day.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I only use IE when I have to. At work I am 100% chrome convert but at home I prefer Opera. Never really liked Firefox....
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well I installed IE9 and yep I don't like it. I too usually have a couple browsers. Mostly at work some things just don't like a particular browser.
Try using IE with some devices like a Barracuda Spam Firewall or a Sonic Wall. It's awful. I use Firefox for those.

I got ticked off as soon as I install IE9 again. It disabled all my stuff, including my search providers except Bing (which I had removed before).
I added Google back and it left it disabled and would not turn it back on until I remove Bing. I just hate the way they play games like that. Anything Microsoft does not like or is in competition with got toasted and I had to go fix it. Then spend time trying to get the look and feel you are use to back. In my opinion there is not good reason for changing the way users do things just to make it look better. It's pointless and unproductive. It's like MS Office 2010, crap thrown in there for no good reason :) I guess they figure they can't just make the backend work better they have to change the way it looks so people can see something has changed :(

For some reason it really ticks me off. My blood pressure is up over this and it stupid :)

-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 am --

Now I will have to go log into my wifes account on the PC and fix IE back to the way she had it or she will have a fit and be lost.
Anything changes and I get in trouble :)
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

"Stupid Stupid Stupid"

I thought you were calling for me, but I guess not. I was using IE until it automatically added a toolbar that I didn't want. So I switched to Firefox. I've used Chrome also and prefer both to IE. I picked Firefox because my son just got fed up with something on Chrome and went to Firefox. If I was energetic I'd have tried it and compared.

I understand your pain, Grimp, about your wife's PC. If I change anything on my wife's PC or if, God forbid, an update changes something, I hear about it.

"Why is my computer doing such and such now?"
"Mmmm, I don't know"

DO NOT get sucked into to trying to help her fix it or you get in the dreaded "That's not what I want!" loop. If you do try, then you are Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Here is a better explanation of what I too think of IE9. I am happy just calling it STUPID STUPID STUPID, but this guy explains it better :roll:

http://xpwasmyidea.blogspot.com/2011/02 ... ernet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't want to read it I will summarize it for you: STUPID STUPID STUPID :twisted:

I WANT MY SEARCH BAR BACK WITHOUT HAVING TO INSTALL YET ANOTHER BHO!!! STUPID SEARCH IN URL BAR!!!
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I have Firefox, Chrome & IE9 installed too.
I only use IE9 for accessing MS Outlook web access. It doesn't run properly on any other browser (well look & feel rather than run). Other than that I don't touch it.
I used to use Firefox mostly, but found I kept getting page loading issues of late, so have now switched to Chrome as my usual default.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

What I hate is the "Home" button is way on the upper right, and then the refresh and favorite buttons are a third of the way to the left, and the back button is way to the left on Firefox. What was wrong with having them all in one easy to use place? What I ask?!?!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Because it was designed with 4 legged foxes in mind. They do not have so many problems going from corner to corner with ease.

However they still hate tabs just as much as humans.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:What I hate is the "Home" button is way on the upper right, and then the refresh and favorite buttons are a third of the way to the left, and the back button is way to the left on Firefox. What was wrong with having them all in one easy to use place? What I ask?!?!
Go to View - Toolbars - and then customize, you can drag and drop the buttons wherever you want and put them all together in one place.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Oh boy - I feel like the guy who came to a WWII themed party dressed as Kaiser Wilhelm.

I dislike allthings firefox - never been a fan - they basically lost the browser race years ago but no-one told them and they keep going in the hope that their fans will see them through.

Chrome - its Google - like Apple back in the early 90's they have this morally superior (company motto: "do no evil"), fairtrade, ethical sandal wearing, hippy-esque mentality in public but in reality they like Apple, like Microsoft, like facebook, like EA :sick: are a cutthroat, ruthless, morally corrupt, money making machine that cares not for the customer but only for how they can sell you stuff.
they steal each other's technology, ideas, code and anything else they can get their hands on and in the process lose their corporate identities and become limiters to your ability instead of being the enablers that they claim

Search on Bing and it is indistinguishable from a Google search in terms of appearance. I started using Bing about 2 years ago because it was different but now...

I have used IE9 very briefly and had no problems - my main dislike of it is that it is just like Chrome which I find empty - where are the buttons and tools that i have grown accustomed to from IE6,7,8....

the only reason I use Chrome is because my work laptop reverts to IE7 by default and some sites (like FB or Battlelog) don't work properly with my 'outdated browser' and Chrome is the only alternative I am allowed to install.

As for people complaing about IE installing toolbars I find Java is the worst for this, always trying to put a blasted Ask or Google toolbar on my machine as part of a bundled upgrade - Adobe does it too.

bring on the world of the future where I can do all this cr*p via the nanotech neural link I have embedded in my brain!

Rant over ;)
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula