BF3 Premium

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

BF3 Premium

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Been hearing rumours about this for weeks on the forums...first look at it...

I am thinking it will be available after the patch they are putting out tomorrow...
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Re: BF3 Premium

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

:o

Boy, I haven't played in a while ! (.. stupid home purchases)

Should be interesting once I have permanent internet access.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

d'oh. didn't see cowhide had posted it already.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

OK so I bit the bullet & went ahead & bought it.
I figured I'm going to get the expansions when they come out so they are all in the price.
Oh & I like the idea of queue jumping (how unBritish of me!) :lol:
I did save 25% as EA had sent me a discount code for my birthday last week so I saved £10 on the purchase price. :D
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I'll probably get it just so I can be Premium without doing anything except forking over some money. The only problem is I have enough confusing weapons as it is. I don't really need more things I don't understand.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Battlefield 3 Premium members will also get access to powerful new features such as the ability to reset their stats, queue priority into servers, and new decals for their Platoon emblems.

I am on a roll. This is STUPID, STUPID, STUPID :D

Already pissed-off about IE9 and then the "premium" crap. I guess I will play Iron Front with all it's bugs then go back to BF42 ;)
I think I should just go outside for a while and just smile :viva:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I think you need a trip to Amsterdam & walk the streets in the cafe district.
Everybody seemed to be really mellowed out for some reason :crazy:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I thought the Dutch made it so that foreigners couldn't, ahem, "relax" there any more.
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I have to agree with Queen wannabe (see todays IM posts for that reference), its

STUPID STUPID STUPID!

:razz: :sick:

I have this flash in my memory banks. Picture a money grubging idea man at EA, lets call him Richard, or Dick for short shall we? In a meeting about what should go into the next patch:

Dick: Hey guys, let remove the queueing thing we put in and sell it to people in our next DLC!
Dick's boss(Well call him Major Dick since Dick reports to him): Outstanding idea Richard, muhahahahha! our customer base is so dumb, they think it will be a great new feature!

:thumbdown: :crazy: :wtf:

STUPID STUPID STUPID!

Buy hey, they are giving us cool stickers! (new decals for their Platoon emblems). Oh boy! I wanted to put more here like EXPLETIVE EA. ...twice...and make it hurt em. But I let self control get the better of me.

....So...Anyone buy it yet? LOL
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I think Gav did.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I also sent in my hard earned cash. Well lets say earned.... well lets say cash :) I know I would buy them anyways so why not at least get something for the money. When you guys first started playing this I held out. I was playing Homefront. It was a fun game that got ruined by lots of people being able to hack the game. Now I have it. It also has alot of hacks, but at least I have other Jiffer's to rant to. I do belive people should get paid to develope new maps and stuff. I just wish the B2K stuff wasn't included. Now I guess I own two copies of B2K. If you break it down its fairly cheap. 3hrs a night for lets say 5 nights a week. 60 hours a month how many months have you played? How much would you pay to watch TV in that same peiod? At least playing games you get a little exercise. :) See you on the battlefield. :shoot:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to spit inthe face of game developers and go outside to play with a hoop and stick or a ball or something - but the economic argument does make sense - especially if I get a discount code for my B'day too like Gav did. $49.99 for all the DLC vs $75 individual costs + all the extra stuff. I can see why I will probably get it, but it sticks in my throat...

On the plus side I had excellent fun taking premium dog tags off some players last night and in a very un-JiF-like manner sending PMs to say thanks for buying the tags so I could add them to my collection. I played a round of Metro rush 500% tickets and took 11 tags - 3 from the same player who spent half the game hunting me with his fancy, expensive new knife but could not quite get the drop on me - mwahahahaaa
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]zougathefist wrote: - 3 from the same player who spent half the game hunting me with his fancy, expensive new knife but could not quite get the drop on me - mwahahahaaa
It is the simple pleasures in life. :)
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I broke down last night and bought it too. After my initial hot-headed reaction, I realized it was not too bad a deal when all the extras are included. Plus, I like having goals in games (it's why I quit WoW once I hit the level cap) and this now gives me some new Assignments to unlock.

As for including Karkand, I look at it as something they had to include because otherwise new gamers would have needed to buy the original game plus 2 expansion packs. This way they have to buy only 1 expansion to be fully current.
[JiF]cam
Forum User

Post by [JiF]cam »

Me and sparky are gonna have or new internet connection in a couple weeks :viva: I will be trying to catch up on all the downloads and patches for bf3, c yall then, cam