New WW2 game coming out with ARMA 2 engine

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: New WW2 game coming out with ARMA 2 engine

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Looks good , thanks Cowhide for sharing it with us :)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Wow, that looks great.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

It's coming to Steam, here's the page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/
Image Image
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I did enjoy ARMA despite its crappy controls from what I recall. I should install it on my new rig.

I will see the reviews on this and see if they simplified the keyboard commands to a more intuitive and enjoyable experience. I think I suffered from information overload on that game.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

It looks so awesome. I know Doc is playing it, but I have not see it yet. Kinda makes you want to squad up and get in there :)
Another Arma engine where us old guys can get lost on a huge map driving around looking at the scenery and shooting rabbits for dinner.
I think I am going to have to get this one. I really did enjoy playing Arma as long as there was somebody there to tell me what to do.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well the reviews have been less than spectacular. I really have not had a chance to talk to Doc about it or see it, but people are complaining about how really buggy it is. Arma is fairly buggy anyway, but some people are just plain pissed-off about this game.

It's starting to look like one of those games you buy because you want it so bad to be good and it just never takes off. Still I might take a chance on it because I never stop hoping :) As with Arma getting a few people to play coop might be fun anyway.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I told Doc if he got a dedicated server running I would buy it. He did :) I bought it. Probably will be a while before I actually get to play it.
Stinky, Pop and Jimbo have it too. Should be like our old Arma gang again.
Join the server, grab a tank, pack an overnight bag and snacks it might be a long drive to the front and Jimbo doses off on long drives.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Doc, Pop and I were playing a bit last night, and at one point we had 8 or so people on the server. It is buggy and choppy, but it also does have a certain appeal. The maps are huge, and the combat is more immersive than other WWII shooters.

I'm started to get little pissed off about the way the last patch altered the balance in BF3. It's now much too hard to get a solid lock on a helicopter, and if the pilot is good he can pretty much dominate the action. So you may see me spending more time with Iron Front these days.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well I played for a bit today and I have to say I am not impressed by the game. Might be better when I get in a group and am told what to do :) Seems really choppy. I can't read some of the text on the screen at all. After playing BF3 the graphics look a bit like an old Atari. Ya I am exaggerating a bit :)
I will have to play around some more and see if I can make it play and look better when I get some time.
I would not be able to recommend running out and buying it unless you have dealt with Arma before and know what you are getting into.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Does it have an easy way to upgrade? The way we did it in Arma was horrible.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Depends on what you want to do. It upgrades through Steam like Arma does (if you buy it on Steam), easy peasy. It's the mods that were complicated to upgrade.
I am sure somebody will eventually come out with some horribly complicated mod :)
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I've read in the Steam forums that they already have some updates for the Retail version but haven't set it up to update on Steam yet. Give it a couple of months and it will probably be working better.
Image Image
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Ya, the Steam one patch too. The release had some pretty bad bugs from what I read. I will play it when I get a chance because I liked playing Arma with it's bugs with the JiF group we had playing it. I was hoping for a good WW version of Arma so I won't give up on it. If Doc, Stinky and Pop like it I am sure I will too once I get Doc to tell me how to play.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I might try this, but I'll wait until I hear the bugs are gone. I hate buggy games. Last time I tried ARMA I spent most of my time driving or walking around waiting for someone I could not see shoot me, but another WWII game would be cool.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.