New WW2 game coming out with ARMA 2 engine

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: New WW2 game coming out with ARMA 2 engine

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

The bugs will never be gone. Arma has been around for years in one form or another and still buggy :) To have fun playing an Arma game you need to get on TS and play with a group. Preferable one that has patience enough to tell you how to do things. Doc has been saying they had some really cool large tank battles. I want to be in a really large cool tank battle too :)
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I might too once the bugs are patched out. Just wish you could drive a tank or whatever like in bf(driver and gunner).
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I think the tanks have 4 positions now, maybe 5. Driver, Gunner, Loader, Commander. Some might even have a machine gunner. Takes a whole squad :)
Doc says he does not think the loader has an actual job other than just along for the ride. Maybe he is there to jump out and kill the guy putting the detpack on the tank. From what I saw of how realistic the tanks move. They are a detpack guys dream. Jimbo should be in heaven.

-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:25 pm --

I am pretty jealous. I see Doc and Pop on the [JiF]Iron Front server every night playing while I am at work. I know they are just laughing and having a good-ol-time. Then again they could be walking 50 Kilos to the front and dying, but I don't know that. They have be surprisingly quiet about the game. Could be they are trying to justify the $30 they spent. I just gotta know.
Maybe Friday night I can try it.

Oh BTW... Steam shows you not on a server for Iron Front when you select "View Game Info" on your friend even if you are. I don't think it's a completely Steamified game.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I got to play for several hours last night. I did really enjoy the game. It takes a quite a bit of getting use too, but once you do it's pretty fun.
Single player seems really buggy. Crashes, just stops and other strange things happen. You will get pissed at it, but the beginning parts help you learn some controls.

Doc and I played on the server with bots last night into the wee hours of the morning and I really had some fun. Played conquest style maps against bots and the occasional real players that came in and out. It starts with you or the enemy holding all the positions and you either defend or attack in order of the positions.

It's a little easier to learn than Arma, but only a little. Graphics are not the smoothest and polished you will see, but they do the job and you do get the sense of being on a huge battlefield with a lot of things going on around you.

Tactics:
1: Decide to go around to the right. Result: die.
2: Decide to go around to the left. Result: die.
3: Decide to go way around and come from the rear. Result: die.
4: Get a big friggin tank. Result: Kill a few enemies then die.
4: Move cautiously in groups. Send someone out to check out the area before the whole squad moves in and have medics. Result: Die slower :)

It's much more fun with somebody playing along with you.
We did win most of the rounds we played.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I found a German server to play the Capture and Hold mode. Only on with lots of players.
It was a lot of fun. I know how the German JiFfers feel on an English speaking server now.

Seems like they were very nice to me. What do these mean?

Grimp du bist ein Idiot.
Grimp ist ein dummer noob.
Grimp ist so dumm er denkt, er ist gut.
Was für ein Narr du bist.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Looks about normal to me :)