The Foregrip and the silencer bug

[JiF]Gib
Forum User

The Foregrip and the silencer bug

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Gav told me the other night that since the last patch, foregrip is NOT what you want to put on certain weapons. They changed it and here is a good vid on what guns it should be one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqrsFv3gUg

Also, I am hearing that there is a BUG with the silencer since the patch as well. What people are saying is that its not working(you end up showing up on the minimap). Some are saying its only the Engineer class on all weapons but the AK74u. I have noticed more enemies using that weapon btw.

Thoughts/Confirmations/Debunking?

I think I will go on the Jiff server when I get home and fire the weaons recommeded in the vid with and without foregrip but with heavy barrell always on and see what kind of groupings against a wall I get like in this follow up vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWOKp4c ... ure=relmfu

Was wondering if there are other charts by accuracy, RoF, damage, time to aim or bring muzzle up(by scope), etc that a weapon has for stats that you've found out there?

Found 3 more good links explaining the pros and cons of each attachment. They also go over the COMBINATIONS synergy and the one from Inside Dice tell what combo you should use based on your play style(run and gun, stealth, snipe, or defend in place) Also to factor in is the map and where your spawning.

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/27/battlefield ... ost-patch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ea.com/uk/news/battlefield-3 ... lay-design" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOeu3nQT_0Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never really thought about it until today but I see why Dice changed everything in the patch. Some things were just not used - I never used the Flash Suppressor. Now that they gave it the ability to reduce your recoil, pairing it with a foregrip(for specific weapons) makes sense now after reading these.

Gib
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Re: The Foregrip and the silencer bug

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

I tried a few attachment combinations today on the G36C and A-91, firing controlled bursts from a prone position (I find firing on the move irrelevant because most times it happens at close quarters and usually the first person to pull the trigger wins).

On the G36C, the foregrip didn't seem to help with stability, it was more accurate without it.
I also attached the heavy barrel, but the weapon just flopped about like a fish in a bucket. By the time the sights settle for the next burst, the target's disappeared or killed you. To me, neither of these attachments do anything for the weapon.

The A-91 was a different story with the foregrip. It felt like it tracks a moving target more accurately, when the target's moving left and right.
Once again though, the heavy barrel was useless and the weapon flops around erratically, it's quite horrible actually

It appears there is obviously some truth that the foregrip is not advantageous on most engineers weapons, and the heavy barrel seems to be about the worst thing you can put on an engineers weapon. How these attachments effect other class weapons, I have no idea. Curious to hear more feedback for other classes.
NB: I play on PS3, so the game dynamics may be very different for pc and xbox.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Thanks for the info. Perhaps this explains why I'm seeing a big difference in some of my loadouts. I'd really rather not have to think this much about what I choose, but such is life.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

i think we are all now having a bit of an experimental stage with weapons & giving each other feedback over TS.
I have found that the AEK is a fabulous gun for Assault having watched the videos, but don't put a heavy barrel on it.
I'd never used it so gave it a try & played Metro against Gib & Jimbo. With just the basic gun I was having a really good result. When I unlocked the heavy barrel I gave it a try & it wrecked it. Haven't got flash suppressor or supressor yet. Just wonder how it will be with them.
But I recommend taking the time to watch the videos & read the sites. It does explain more about what each attachment does.
Tissue, I recommend find a gun that you prefer & play with the loadouts. Maybe ask others which they use for each class. Of course players play classes differently, so maybe you need to tailor your gun to your style of play.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I am really impressed with the AEK-971.

I need about 10 more kills to get the flash suppressor.

Did anyone notice that the patch took away the M320 aiming reticle (the t-shaped thing) when in hard core mode? Or is it just my imagination?
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I'm still smarting that they took the extended mag from the MG36 and messed with the stability - I was an awesome killing machine with that gun but now you are limited to 50+1 round mags and unless you lie down or kneel and use the 'steady' button it is almost impossible to hit people on the move or more than 20m away.

I have been trying the PP-19 recently which has a massive rate of fire but I think it is an airsoft gun in disguise - if you don't get a headshot it takes at least 7-8 hits to put someone down, and if you are spraying on full auto it is pretty inaccurate too. So many times I have gotten the drop on someone and shot them in the back with it only to have them turn, dodge and blow me away with one or two hits GAAAHHHH!!!

I do like the AEK though - after getting killed a bunch of times by people sporting it I gave it a go and like the balance it offers WRT Ammo capacity, rate of fire and stopping power - it also reloads quickly which is probably in the top three characteristics necessary for a decent run

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I got the Flash Suppressor and Forgrip on the AEK now with Holo sights(for med range). Seems to work good!

:thumbup:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Yeah, I unlocked the flash suppressor last night and using the AEK-971 with it and the handgrip almost feels like cheating. There is very little vibration when you fire, as if you are using a mobile bipod.