Neverwinter Nights 2 - crafting

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Neverwinter Nights 2 - crafting

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

This is probably of interest only to Gib, but here are two good links for crafting in NWN2.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/922154-never ... faqs/45560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thieves-guild.net/index.php?pid=257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish I had spent a little more time early on buffing up my weapons and gear. One of your magic casters - Qara or Sands -- should take the Craft Magic Weapons & Armor feat early, and you should have someone with a high alchemy crafting skills to grind the essences out of blood, fangs, etc. Also, keep ALL your gems, as they're needed for the magic crafting.

I just made a Heavy Crossbow +4, 1d6 cold damage for my thief, and a Short Sword +2 1d6 acid for my fighter- as soon as I find a ruby, I'll give the sword the Keen trait, doubling its critical threat range to 17-20 (i.e., 20%). I called the sword "Agita."
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 - crafting

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Sweet man, Ill check out the links. So I guess since its sort of a scripted single player RPG there is no farming for mats? IE: make sure you make what you want.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 - crafting

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Some of the vendors sell mats, and I don't know if they restock after you buy. There's a guy named Pap in Neverwinter who sells them.

Mostly, though, you loot the stuff from dead bodies, crates and chests. Someone with a good alchmey skill "uses" the mortar & pestle on the raw mat to produce the essence.

The essences also transform as they did in DDO, ie., you can break a high level one down into lower components, or create a higher level one from lower ones. The levesl are something like Radiant, Glowing, Weak and Faint.