Help with BF3

Speaks for itself
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Help with BF3

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Ok, I am at my wits end with BF3 and using anything else other then a keyboard and mouse.
I usually play BF3 with a razer n52 gaming keypad and a razer imperator gaming mouse. No problem. Tried my logitech Attack3 joystick, no joy. Would even recognize it, or appeared to not recognize it as I couldn't do anything with it (not even rebind new keys). I gave up on it as I have read that BF3 is very particular with it's joysticks. Now I got my self an xbox controller for the PC and still no joy. It does not see it at all. Windows sees both and I can calibrate and play other games with both but not BF3.
I would really like to get either one of them to work as mousing/keyboarding the heli and jets SUCK....

Windows 7 home prem 64bit
Gigabyte P55A with i7 and 8gb of ram
nVidia gforce 460

help....
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: Help with BF3

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I've had issues as well but haven't had much time to try out any fixes. This is what I think needs to be done, quite tedious though...

You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Re: Help with BF3

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I know your pain...ok here's how I got joystick setup back at the beginning.

Make sure any sliders are in neutral and you've calibrated your joystick before getting into the game. I found that I couldnt unbind keys because it was detecting that the sliders was pinging away. once i figured out that i could unbind. pull me aside on ts tonight Phantom and I can assist.

Gib
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Tue May 01, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.