Blue Screen Error

Speaks for itself
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Blue Screen Error

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

Hey Guys,

I've got a question for you. I'm getting lately an issue with my computer when I start up with the WinXp64 drive on my computer. I get this blue screen error message that tells me my BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant, and that I need to press F-7 in order to disable the storage devices at set-up.

I'm able to do this sometimes, and it'll then load WinXP, but sometimes the thing just hangs there and does nothing. The thing is, I have a 2nd drive running Windows 7, and I've never had an issue like this crop up. It's only come on lately, within the last week. What do I need to do to take care of this problem?
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Blue Screen Error

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I would look for a BIOS update or if you recently updated the BIOS roll it back. You could try setting your BIOS to default settings and see what happens too.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

It may have to do with your choice in font color, that yellow is unreadable if you are using the old-geezers view of the Jiff site. Oh, and what grimp said.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF] General WarHawk
Game Admin

Post by [JiF] General WarHawk »

I can see the Yellow perfectly. You might need to get a Color Screen, they have those now. That old CGA your using is obsolete.

I think my problem has something to do with the screwy way I ended up setting up Win64, in that it tried to install on both partitions of the hard drive. See if I run Win7 I don't get the problem, and also at start-up it asks me which installation I want to use, and gives me 30 seconds to choose. Well for whatever reason, if you select Choice ONE yourself, it will bomb, yet if you let the Computer choose Choice 1, after 30 seconds, it's fine.

Choice 2 is out, cause that goes to nowhere as I blanked out aborted install of 64, but for whatever reason it still sees it as a pathway to the OS load.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.