Thank-you everyone.

Please introduce yourself here after you have joined the forum so we know your not a bot. Thanks! Once you have introduced yourself your permissions will be upgraded.
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Thank-you everyone.

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I've been trying to write this post at work today several times but keep getting choked up and had to wait until I got home. I want to express my deep appreciation to you all, your emails have been overwhelming this week. You know sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone and I've done nothing but realize what you all mean to me and how utterly sad I have been all week.

I have read all your emails and heard what nice things many of you said in Council about me and that you wanted me to stay and still play with you. You know like any man, you don't want others to see you cry but while reading your emails of support and friendship, well I could not help myself... I still hurt inside but with this this second chance you all have more than graciously extended me I will do right by it. I feel love and friendship here and that is a treasure that enriches my life. I REALLY mean that.

As you may know, I am a dog lover and have 2 wonderful loving Labs. If you are a dog lover then you know that feeling you get when you don't mean to step on your best friends paw and they yelp in pain, spring away cowering but their tip of their tails is wagging as you start to say your sorry and you feel bad. Now multiply that sorrowful feeling by oh, a thousand and know that is how much remorse I feel. I never though guys I have never met face to face could be such wonderful friends!

I can't recall when I have made such a terrible decision in such a long time that caused not only others grief and anger but such sheer disapointment and loathing of myself. I never intended that and I will be forever in your guys debt. I am also very sorry to have tarnished the JiF name. A wise man said to me recently that although we are defined by our actions, we can also chose not to be defined by our actions if they are not who we want to be. I know who I am and who I want to be and perhaps more importantly, I know WHERE I want to be and that is right here..., my JiF home.

I know the trust is gone but I hope to re-earn it someday. One idea I thought of is if you all want me to I can run FRAPS or film my monitor with the wifes camcorder and post to youtube or some file upload service and provide everyone with access so you can verify my play. I will do whatever it takes.

Also I want to provide some kind of restitution to you all so I plan on donating to Phantom so that JiF has a BF3 server for the next year. Phantom if you would please PM me the details on your paypal account again I willl get that taken care of ASAP. I hope this is acceptable to everyone but if there is some other thing you all want me to do instead or in addition, please let me know, ok?

I went and bought a new copy of BF3 and am installing it and updating. I created a new Origin account named Gib12. Hopefully I didn't get a Global Hardare Ban but if I did I heard I just need a new HD and Ill try reinstalling Windows on my spare HD and try from there.

From the bottom of my self-inflicted broken heart; THANK-YOU JIFFERS FOR ALLOWING ME TO STAY AND FOR SAYING YOU STILL WANT TO GAME WITH ME!!!

Your Friend,
Dave Giblin

:keep: :pada: :viva: :hug:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Thank-you everyone.

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Welcome to JiF. You look familiar. I am not ready to talk yet, still a bit angry and sad. Divorces take a while to get past, but we must go on for the sake of the children. Send me a friend invite on BF3 and you better not kill me for a while. Just stand there and let me shoot you ;)
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

What grimp said........

Oh and you can't ride in tanks anymore, unless I am on your team :)
[JiF]philippe
Forum User

Post by [JiF]philippe »

I don't have BF3, my computer is not enough strong, but if you play EOD soonest (just finishing today to dowload part 2 and 3), i will be very happy to play with you...

see you soon !

PS/Gib send us pics of your dogs !!... ;D i've got 3 at home... :razz:
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Many years ago I used to run a PC Gamers club every sunday, the main game at the time was Counterstrike. Once everyone got set up and playing on LAN you could always bet that someone would find a good sniping hideout somewhere on the map then as soon as they got killed the cry would go up "are you loooking at my F##kin screen!!!!"........ because sometimes they were only sitting a few seats away from whoever killed them.
What I'm getting at Gib is I don't want to see your screen if your playing whatever game then I trust ya.
Best Wishes Daft Geordie aka Ray
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Hi Gib12 I also would accept A friend request and darn glad to get it,but we can talk about the tank thing :lol: :mrgreen:
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Ditto what Grimp said. He is a wise one, must be those AARP letters they get to put in front of their names! :papa:
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

you can fly the heli-copter 4 me :P
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Gib, feel free t add me to the friends list as well. JiF-Smuckers I look forward to having better weapons than you, maybe I stand a chance. :roll:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

Been following the whole situation and i would like to welcome back a friend, that has been gone for a while, to the server. Glad Gib is back to the Server just as i m. JiF is like a relationship, sometimes u need to lose it to know what ya had. Only thing that's better, is that once u realized that your back on track and u don't need to go j... off. :-) (sorry for that but i liked the allusion)
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:and u don't need to go j... off
:shifty: I plead the fifth!
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

[JiF]CowHide wrote:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:and u don't need to go j... off
:shifty: I plead the fifth!
What's the fifth say Cowhide?
Is that the right to bare alms? :hah:
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:
What's the fifth say Cowhide?
Is that the right to bare alms? :hah:
You could ask the chicken but his throats a little sore. :lol:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Hahahahah.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Glad to hear from you Gib.
I'm a little late posting ,these guys said it all.