New DLC's

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

New DLC's

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Not sure if you guys have seen this but new expansion pack set to drop in June with 2 more comming in the fall and winter. No word that I can see if they will be free or pay....

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3 ... e-quarters
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: New DLC's

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Hah - if it don't say its free then it surely ain't!
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Cool!
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Kinda making me nervous that it say's 2-16 people, infantry only and it's called close quarters, could it be a TDM expansion pack for all the new COD players? uh oh!

*EDIT* Looks like I was right, it looks like its moved into Modern Warfare territory. Not Cool! Look on the map how small it is and it's TDM.

Gameplay:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDIUjoAVvac[/video]
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Reminds me of MMO's - strip down everything cool of what you do in RPGS and boil it down until its a bland soylent green product for the masses...

Yeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuccccccckkkk!
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yep looks like they've taken the Villa from the Campaign mode called it "new" & just shoving out a TDM for the console COD types. :sick: :thumbdown:
If you took this DLC's dna you'd see it is a COD cuckoo in the Battlefield nest.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

...And that is why sometimes, mothers have to eat their young...
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Wow such hostility!

I personally don't see what is so wrong with this - yes I get the whole CoD is rubbish feel but I don't think that is due to the map design per se it is more about the look and feel of the game (Hanna-Barbera anyone?) and the fact that it is really console game at heart so tends to focus on 'quick wins' and kill streaks etc.. rather than promoting team play and strategy.
BF3 doesn't suffer as much from these issues given its heritage, but it does also have a sizeable cohort of console players so must address them as well.
What really distinguishes BF from CoD however, is the attitude of people that play the game - I have tried CoD on PS3 (some of my misguided friend actually prefer it!) and the first thing that happens when a map starts is everyone runs in different directions and tries to score as many individual points as they can instead of trying to work as a team. I think ity is also a function of the console heritage as well - CoD is very much an XBox game above all else and since XBoxes are comparatively cheap they tend to be owned by children so CoD players are often quite immature in their approach to games even when they transition to new games and new systems

firstly there is only video of one map so it is dificult to judge the whole expansion pack,
BF42 had a TDM mode which was fun to play sometime and I also play both TDM and SqDM on BF3 at the moment but it can be annoying if the map is spread out. Currently TDM mode is set to a restricted sub-area of existing maps - some indoors CQB will make a nice change and give me an excuse to break out the auto shotguns to get the unlocks.
I don't think this will be a TDM only expansion - no way would they expect to get away with that and charge for it.

if you look at the later expansion pack details they say there will be the biggest ever BF map that is armour themed so it looks to me as though DICE are trying to appeal to as broad a range of people as possible.

I seem to recall that there were complaints about BF42:SW because some of the inclusions (jet packs!!) were not based in reality, but that didn't stop us playing it...

One day I just hope they will release mod development tools and a map editor - that would take the game to new levels of awesomeness
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

It is only a bit of what the expansion is but it's only going to be 16 players ( 2 teams of 8 ) and I don't see how it can be a Conquest or even Rush as it would be just a nade, claymore, C4 fest. It might be cool if there are a whole bunch of floors to deal with but it just looks like a TDM expansion. I do like the graphics but mostly because it reminds me of Mirrors Edge a bit. We should see more of what it's about when they release the trailer next week and probably with some more info. What peeve's me is that I'm sure they did this just for the moola because of the console players. They said when this came out that they set themselves apart from MW3 and were different from them but by the looks of it this isn't Battlefield it's BattleROOMS. They could have used the time to make some awesome maps so this means that it's 4 less real battlefield maps on the list to play overall.

Bang I shot you, bang you shot me, bang I shot you, bang you shot me, bang I shot you, bang you shot me, bang I shot you, bang you shot me!

Anyway, Will I buy it? Probably. Will I play it? Probably.
Last edited by [JiF]CowHide on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

BUT this expansion pack is "the team play of Battlefield 3 to tight indoor environments. The frantic close quarters infantry combat"
In other words it is going to be purely SDM/TDM with everyone bottled up in a tight environment.
I hate those maps where you spawn & 2 seconds later you're dead again. You get no option of where to spawn. By the time you work out where you are someone has picked you off already. :sad:
I can just see all the rpg / m320 spamming already. Oh what joy what skill :lol: (Says he who got 2 triple kills in a minute on Bazaar last night with rpg spam) :evil:
Nope it's one for the CoDites I say. Just hope they aren't going to make me pay for it.
Unfortunately this will do more to keep the immature CoD players in Battlefield instead of letting their short attention span wander off to another game.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

One day I just hope they will release mod development tools and a map editor - that would take the game to new levels of awesomeness
&
Nope it's one for the CoDites I say. Just hope they aren't going to make me pay for it.
Unfortunately this will do more to keep the immature CoD players in Battlefield instead of letting their short attention span wander off to another game.
Agreed!

I really wanted an updated game of BF42 with new graphics(led by the BG42 team and their improvements), really, thats what I want. With Navies again too. I said it before and I said it again, you just can't beat a world at war for a fun time!(bcause the scope is huge)

:)
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Gav - there is also the Squad rush mode but I don't think they will restrict it to just DM - There may not be room for full rush matches but they will put in conquest for sure - also the advert says this expansion will bring in "new ways to play" and opportuinities for "vertical gameplay" suggesting possible new modes and multi floor gaming
maybe CTF - that would be awesome.

Take the Villa level as an example there are multiple routes through the building with switchbacks and blind corners - with only 8 players to a side it is unlikely to descend into an RPG/noobtube fest as the fighting is likely to spread out whilst being confined in small spaces
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Just wish they would have actually made all floors and all rooms available in all buildings and there would not be a need for this pack. :roll:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

If you play TDM or SDM onthe current maps there are different floors and rooms accessible - mostly on Metro or Seine Crossing
I am hoping for the Stock Market Trading building from Paris where you have to assault through the car park - that would be indoor CQB with vertical gameplay but the building is large enough for Rush and Conq as well as the DM modes - don't pretend you wouldn't enjoy that!
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

When they said multi level I think they meant MULTI level by the looks of this :D