When TeamSpeak is Not Your Friend

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

When TeamSpeak is Not Your Friend

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I was in a squad with Gav and Smuckers last night. I was following Smuckers to cap a flag. He jumped over some sandbags and I hit the ground on the other side. Next thing I know he says he's down and that the guy who got him is right in front of me. Now I'm pretty slow as my K/D ratio will easily demonstrate. I expect to jump up and get mowed down while I'm doing my usual "Is that a bad buy or a tree or a fire hydrant or a bit of debris" routine. Low and behold the bad guy is RIGHT THERE and I unload a full clip into him without hesitation.

While I'm reading the FRIENDLY FIRE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED note I hear Gav chuckling. I guess he had spawned in on Smuckers or slipped by me. So one of my fastest moves that night was taking out my squadmate. Looking back, I don't know if Smuckers was talking to me or Gav. Oh well. Alas poor Gav, I knew him well.

I also got to watch Smuckers knife someone. Now I know what it is like to be on the other side of that interaction. Well at least vicariously. I had my first 'drive by' knifing experience last night. Some guy ran by me and while I was shooting the ground and air I died. Then it said I had been knifed. First time I haven't had to watch the cute graphic of someone knifing me.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: When TeamSpeak is Not Your Friend

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

FRIENDLY FIRE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfoR8SbFhy8[/video]
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yep we worked well as a squad there! I was following up the rear playing the medic role I could pick up dead people in front.
We were on Seine & pushing from B to C. Smuckers leaps the sandbags & Tissue hits the dirt without going over. I decided to leap in behind Smuckers, something Tissue obviously failed to see with his nose pressed to the concrete of the bridge.
Smuckers pushes his head out & gets taken out. Tissue's report is wholly accurate up to this point. What he failed to notice whilst grovelling in the dirt was that I then pushed out & gunned the offender down (thinking I could then safely revive Smuckers). All of a sudden 'Rambo' pops his head up from behind me & guns me down.
I had to laugh it was so funny at the time. I was only following orders sir :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Perhaps I'll remember to look at that little map in the corner before I make my move next time. Sigh...
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

TKing/Friendly fire was the order of the day it seems. Every time I fired a rocket, Jimbo would suddendly spring after it and catch it with his teeth.

Good boy Jimbo, here's a scooby...

I think it would be a good idea to yell out "Close assault!" before you start your close assault run to the vehicle :)

lol :keep:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Gib,

The proper protocol is to wait until Jimbo runs in and gets killed before we fire our RPG's. He always looks so earnest when he does that.

Tissue
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Was that smear on the side of the BTR Jimbo?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Jimbo is like a dog chasing cars in the street.
As soon as he sees an enemy vehicle he slips his leash & gallops off after it, C4 in hand & tail wagging madly behind. :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

That's a visual I didn't need :)

Oh but they all like it when the go boom :)
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LOL Gav.

Ya Tissue that is true, trouble is I don't see Sparky until after I fire the rocket and then its too late and he's eating scoobies in the sky... :sad:

-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 am --

Now I know why Jimbo chasing tanks and seeing them goes boom delights me so much as it feels so familiar. Back in the medieval/dark ages there was a tactic employed called Incendiary Pigs. The would take a few hundered pigs, slap black powder barells on them, light them, then drive them to the enemy.

I think Incendary Jimbo's work much better and we don't have to hear all that annoying squealing and oinking, just the barking.
Attachments
Anti-TankDogs-IncendiaryPigs.jpg