Now That I Have 50 Plus Hours of BF3

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Now That I Have 50 Plus Hours of BF3

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I wasn't so sure I'd like BF3 as it is a modern warfare game and I've been focused on WWII era games for the most part. Part of this is that modern warfare games can be just so fast with little thought to tactics. They can be all about who can make the most noise the fastest. I also thought BF2 was very flawed with the commander role and the ability to locate people easily on the map and rain down fire and destruction with artillery, though I did really like the squad concept. I find that BF3 has a nice balance for the most part. I like the squad concept execution and the overall balance of play. There are exceptions, but there seems to be more room for tactical moves. It is also much easier to survive on foot than BF2 was. At least to survive long enough to accomplish something. A couple of specific observations:

1. Doc is still Doc. Enough said.
2. Spawn on Jimbo at your peril. (That said, spawn on Tissueman at your peril.) We both play a high risk always attack armor style that lends itself to being a target. Though being smarter than Jimbo, I prefer to use the SMAW or RPG while Jimbo seems to like C4.
3. The well coordinated squad can tip a map easily in one direction. This comes from being consistently overrun by armored packs on some maps or just infantry squads operating in concert. Until I get that infinite ammo hack and learn how to aim properly I will never be able to pick off a full squad of attackers. It also comes from working in a nicely balanced Javelin killing squad with a SOFLAM up, two engineers and a support person supplying ammo. I like being the support person because you get resupply points and the M249 can shoot a long time before you run out of ammo.
4. One individual can make a tactical advantage. All it takes is one individual to capture F and G across the river and you can lose the map. One individual can run through the smoke and mayhem on the Metro and cap the back flag. You just have to run and don't stop to shoot. Alert squad members can join you. It's not about winning the battle for the well defended point, but it is about being where you shouldn't be.
5. Sometimes the best place to be is the stupid place. That place that is just so obviously dumb that nobody in their right mind would be there. It is hiding in plain sight. I've been lucky enough to be somewhere while people run by you and you can just pick them off when they get a bit away so they don't realize where you are.
6. Doc is still Doc.
7. Even a 10 year old can knife you three times in one night. Always try to get in a squad with MiniBadger. Not because his side will win, it is just less embarassing.
8. If Tissueman is at the controls of anything that flies, it will NOT end well. It is best to spawn elsewhere. He'll join you right after the big explosion.
9. The current crop of JiF'ers is just as much fun on the battlefield as the JiF'ers I first played with on BF42 (how many years ago?).

In closing, if we are on opposite sides and you know I'm shooting at you please try to stand still and smile for the camera. Thank you.

Tissueman
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Re: Now That I Have 50 Plus Hours of BF3

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:Though being smarter than Jimbo, I prefer ...
Gauntlet = thrown!

I wouldn't take that from him, Jimbo..
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Uh oh, Lunch with Tissueman next year could be fun...is this a preview of what is to come?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxQ-MDXEko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But this could be the real equalizer! Keep an eye out on your toodles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7iz1HTh9U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just wish I was smart enough to be able to embedded using the "Youtube" option
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

to use the youtube option...simply select the youtube code and just enter the youtube id. I usually find this at the end of the youtube link. Ex. [/youtube]xB7iz1HTh9U[/youtube]. I put the initial / in the first youtube tag so you can see what happens, don't put it in if you are trying to put in the video.

hope this helps..(took me forever to figure this out)
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

The real dig isn't that Tissue is smarter, it's that it implies that Grimp is also smarter, I just don't know what to say.........
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Nice commentary Tissue. You actually raise a very important point on #5.

"5. Sometimes the best place to be is the stupid place. That place that is just so obviously dumb that nobody in their right mind would be there. It is hiding in plain sight. I've been lucky enough to be somewhere while people run by you and you can just pick them off when they get a bit away so they don't realize where you are."

Last night on Metro, when you are on the team as the US forces and you have B caputred and have pushed up to the ticket booth...on the right hand side forward of the booth area there is a little shelving area I camped out on. The Russians would come running up trying to duke it out with other US troops forward of them around the corner to their left. they were not aware and I laid waste to several. I think all the Jifferes then moved up to that point.

Another example of that was on the maps that has the F and G points to cap but its a building down the next street from "A". Max ride up to the 2nd or 3rd floor instead of the roof and you can snipe alot of people there(use flash suppressor and no scope I think it was and your effectively invisible visually. The guy that was doing that got me over and over and over before someone told me "Hey I think that guys in the balcony Gib". Then I had to get a tank and blow the hell outta the building but I did end up getting him finally. :)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Adding to the list:

10. Every 30 seconds or so, someone on TS will say "How the hell did he know I was there?"
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Funny I did not think Grimp and smarter could actually be used to form a sentence.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:
7. Even a 10 year old can knife you three times in one night. Always try to get in a squad with MiniBadger. Not because his side will win, it is just less embarassing.

Tissueman
That was great. :pada:

I showed this to Mini, he was flattered that you felt him worthy of note in your posting. He went off to bed beaming broadly. The next night He set out to write a reply but I haven't seen the results of his efforts. He is ten so it is quite possible that he's forgotten about the whole affair and now has shifted his limited focus to constructing lego forts. Lego - it's like shiny thing for kids without the distracting shine!
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan