Intro hcpy

Please introduce yourself here after you have joined the forum so we know your not a bot. Thanks! Once you have introduced yourself your permissions will be upgraded.
[JiF]hcpy
New User

Intro hcpy

Post by [JiF]hcpy »

Hi all,

after playing on the JiF-Server for quite a while I think it's time for a more formal Hello...

My name is hc - which is an abbreviation for a much longer name ;-) - I'm 44 years old and I live in southern Germany. Married, two boys and I'm running my own business. That's the reason why I'm often playing during daytime (MEZ).

I've played Blue Max on the C64, then a long break, flying a lot with Jane's ATF during the mid-90s and than - nothing. No more playing, just working on the PC. Sad times. One day a thick envelope from my friend Alex was in the mailbox. A combo of three CDs with the full BF42 anthology. Now: Hard times! It's not very easy for a silverback to learn fps from scratch... Fortunately there is a single player mode which I used for uncountable hours to learn how to use even a rifle. On the screen with the slightly uncommon physics it was a long way to go to hit my first bot. Then Alex called me to went online. He told me that in the wide, cruel world of online playing there is one server where the good guys hit each other: The JiF-Server. And he was right: it's a nice place to play, cosy and warm ;-)

To be honest: I'm a BG-Fan due to the more accurate character of the weapons. Therefore you will see me more often on mondays or tuesdays on the server.

One more thing: my correct name on the server is hcpy (Hotel-Charly-Papa-Yankee) which is from time to time misspelled as HOPY. No big deal, just for the records.

Meet you on the Battlefield | hc
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Intro hcpy

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hi hcpy and welcome to the forums , I have had the pleasure of gaming with you on our server and look forward to many more games.
I don't get as much time to play nowadays but hopefully I will bump into you soon.

- Shell
:)
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alexander theGreat »

Hi Hans-Christian :)

a warm welcome to the forum. And for the records: I am the "Alex" that gave you the "BF Anthology" and I did well in making you addictive, as anyone can see on Gametracker ;)

Nice introduction! Hope to see you soon on the field.

Alex
[JiF]curtis
Forum User

Post by [JiF]curtis »

welcome hcpy, had already the pleasure to play with you a couple of times & really enjoy gaming with you!!! looking forward to see you on the server again soon, probably today:))
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Hello HCPY,

you are very welcome to the forums and the server, it is always nice to get to know the people that play with us.

Please browse the forums and feel free to join in any conversation.

ZTF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Welcome hcpy. I haven't been on the BF42 of BG42 server much lately, due to Battlefield 3-mania, but I expect I will return from time to time. Hope to see you there.

If you also play BF3, look some of us up by our [JiF] tags.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Hi hcpy

I'm sure I remember the name from my old BF42 days.
Welcome to JiF. I hope you enjoy what we do here. We seem to.
I haven't got round to putting BF42 & all the variants on my new laptop yet, but ought to, so I could drop in from time to time if I ever get bored with BF3.
[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

Hi hcpy, nice intro.

Welcome and keep having fun here.

We meet us on Monday or Tuesday. I´m a BG-Fan too. Only i dislike the scoutbots ...

if they want to get you - they get you ...

Tschö ;-)

Alfred
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Hi hcpy, and welcome. I too like the moded version but lately ive been on the new Star Wars game .although i always seem to revert to 42,so hope to see you soon :wave:
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Hi and welcome hcpy. I hope to see you on the battlefield. when I first say the letters to your name/handle I thought it stood for hippy or hard copy, but then my mind is a bit bent so, ya, there you have it.

Welcome to Jif!!
:clap:

Gib
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Hi and welcome hcpy. I hope to see you in BG42. I try to play that as much as possible.
Thanks for the introduction.
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Hi Hcpy.
Thanks for stopping in and saying hi. We have gamed together many times and I always enjoy seeing you on our server. You are a classy player and I hope to see you many times in the future.
[JiF]Top
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

A big welcome from me HCPY nice to have another gamer join us haven't played with you yet........just hope your not as annoying as Alexander!!!!!!!!!!...........just joking LOL :pada: