Battlefield 3 Tutorials

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Battlefield 3 Tutorials

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

This guy has a whole bunch of specific Tutorial videos that are really good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/elitegamerbros/videos
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Battlefield 3 Tutorials

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I loved the how to be a noob vids. They are a great tongue in cheek series, with a serious message to them. Especially the ammo 1. The number of times I'm begging a support for ammo for the javelin & get ignored! :sad: ;(
Thanks for the find Cowhide :D :viva:
[JiF]Trogdor
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Trogdor »

Lots of good tips in those videos. I found the Support 101 tutorial especially useful. I'm going to have to try that 'jihad jeep' trick against enemy tanks.

Great find!
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

having spent teh majority of my time playing as engy because of the destructive capabilitya nd the choice of weapons (G36C or A91 with Foregrip, IRNV and Silencer anyone)

I have mostly been playing as Support after unlocking the MG36 - this gun is awesome, I know people were raving about the M249 but this is so much better, you get it from the assignements. it has a higher rate of fire but less recoil and it reloads really quickly with the extended mag. add a Holo PAS and foregrip and you can laydown 101 bullets in seconds in a tight grouping. I have been playing a lot of TDM and SDM and scored my 100th kill with Claymores yesterday. Plus dropping ammo regularly is a sure way to get strangers in your squad to stick with you.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Thanks Zouga, I'll have to give the MG36 a try.
I've been having a go with the PKP lately but it has too much recoil if trying to use at a distance. Short range, short burst & it has great stopping power.
Try it out tonight I thinks. I've got in to playing Jimbo's support with deathwish C4. it involves chasing vehicles around the map with a wad of C4 in your mits, hoping it will stop some time for you to pop it on the back & blow it & it's contents to smithereens. Must say it is most satisfying when it works.
I've virtually given up on mines now as most people seem wise to looking at the mini map & spotting them these days. So I've had to find another devious scheme for destroying unsuspecting vehicles :twisted: :lol:

OK so I gave it a go
AND you were so right, it is a beaut of a gun, especially once you get the foregrip unlocked.
Last edited by [JiF]Lt Gav on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Got my service star with mines on sunday, was playing conq with WT (or Comrade-Electro as he is known by) on tehran Higway and after he got killed by a tank I grabbed his engy kit and laid 4 mines at the bottom of the 2nd ramp between the construction buildings leading down from flag C to flag B.
I hightailed it back to cover just in time as a BMP came flying down the ramp, airborne and landed on my mines. Lucky for me it was full - 6 x kills bonus, destroy vehicle, 10000 points service star. I had 2 mines left and quickly dropped them in the same place just before a supporting Tank killed me and ran over them - 2 more kills - TYVM.

Since the updates I have found that mines and claymores show up more easily so you have to get sneaky about where and when to use them, sometimes a suicide drop will work but if they see what you're doing then its curtains
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula