BF3 Tweaks and Fixes

[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

BF3 Tweaks and Fixes

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Hey!

Found a pretty good place for some fixes for BF3, if you are having any issues be sure to check this list out...

http://sonsofvalour.forumotion.co.nz/t6 ... fixes#8427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, here is a BF3 config utility tool!

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showt ... p?t=154145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Re: BF3 Tweaks and Fixes

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

For those of you who are having the problem of the map change crash I have a solution for you:

When the map is over and the countdown gets to 10 seconds hit alt tab to window the game. Go to the bottom right corner of windows and click on the upright rectangle to minimize all windows and go to the desktop. Count to around 15 seconds then open up the game and it should be loading the next map. The main thing is to have the screen minimized when the map change happens and by hitting the rectangle at the bottom right of windows (don't know what it's called) that insures that all windows are minimized when it happens.

I've tried this and it worked for me. Only didn't work around 2 times out of around 20 but I think I just maximized the window too early on those.

Also, I was having some problems with fps fluctuations so I capped it at 40 fps and it's a lot smoother for me. If you don't know how to do it: make a "User.cfg" file by just making a .txt file and renaming it, put it in the main folder (where BF3.exe is). Put this line in it : GameTime.MaxVariableFps 40 and change the 40 to something different if you want.

If you want to try more with the file here's what I have in mine:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 40
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmap­Resolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

There are more configurations if you google something like BF3 user.cfg or BF3 tweaks you should find more info.

Cheers
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"