Sometimes less is more

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Sometimes less is more

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

Now I know it seems most people are playing other newer games but the 1942 server seems very devoid of players I've been playing on CKUA server tonight 28 players!!! why maybe because its mostly vanilla maps nothing that you have to download or install.
Now I appreciate all the hard work Shell puts into keeping the server alive but it doesn't seem to be working.
I've read many times about people sitting on our server hoping someone turns up but it's demoralizing......and I know it's nice to play something different like EOD.....but if the servers empty then what's the point?
So this is just my opinion there's too much variety on the 1942 server and we need to go back to grass roots and not changing maps every few days.
Once again I repeat no disrespect to you Shell just wondered what other people think? :thumbup:
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Sometimes less is more

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hey Geordie , I appreciate your feedback and I certainly do not take it as disrespectful at all, everyone is entitled to an opinion and it's healthy to hear them all.
I think it's important to point out a few of the factors that have also affected our player numbers.

1. A lot of players who play on the CKUA and other popular servers have been previously banned from our server. You only have to play with these guys to know why!

2. We have had the diminishing player numbers problem for a long time , just read this forum topic from over a year ago when we only played vanilla bf42
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4239&p=39603#p39603

3. We have to accept that a lot of players are playing the new games now and unfortunately the remaining players are split between the USA and Europe which makes it difficult to get everyone on the server at the same time.

IMHO if we revert to vanilla bf42 it will be a backward step , there are a number of players who love playing bg42 and eod and it would be a sad day to see these excellent mods dissappear.
I have observed over the last couple of years that a number of players express their wishes for the server as to what mode to play or what mods and/or maps to include and yet these people hardly ever play anyway and when a change is made we never see them again!

We still have a small core of JiF /regulars who still play , including but not limited to ...
[JiF]Melon Farmer
[Jif]Alfred E Neumann
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger + minibadger
[JiF]AlexanderTheGreat
[JiF]Curtis
[JiF]Brick
[JiF]cam
[JiF]Major Confusion
[JiF]ilw (coming soon with a new bf42 installation)
[JiF]Flying Tiger (soon to return)
[JiF]Daftgeordie
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked

hcpy
Pax Vobiscum
Peacemaker
Erik Von Zipper
CPT.MAINWARING (SF)
dork2
Steiner (Ger)
Martin
Thomaso (curtis's friend)
Redshirt
Special Ed
a couple of _ATF_ guys

Now there's 26 and I'm sure that I have missed some out so I apologise to them.

From my point of view Geordie - "PLEASE LEAVE THE SERVER ALONE" it's fine , we just need to co-ordinate our players to play at the same time better, maybe we need a volunteer to plan this any takers?

- Shell
:)
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Well said Shell!!! :clap:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

JIF is what it is because we all love the simplicity of bf42 .. long live JiF PotLuck and with a lil luck from the pot we may allways have the means to communicate with one another and find out how everyone is doing .... i hadent seen LTwaterboy for a a couple years and was going through withdrawls "lots of gatorade comments n such"... i did see him back online alive and well which im exstatic about and thats why jif is what it is. to have a place to call home and not be afraid the forums go down or the games we so love .. if theres a game weve discontinued due to lack of players or simply no money ... anyone in the jif clan can make a contribution to the owners to get servers for gaming up and running . so its possible for anyone of us to pay and host our own servers for any game through jif if we just ask and enough people are willing

Long Live [JiF]
Mikey aka dater

P.S.
Steam sales will be going on this week at incredible discounts