Confessions of a SMAW Spammer

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Confessions of a SMAW Spammer

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I hear a lot of complaints about SMAW spamming in BF3. Same as in BC2.
The truth is that it's not true. Being a SMAW spammer myself I have a lot of experience.
Check the leader boards for most kills. I did and the worst splash damage offender is the grenade launcher.
I checked the top 7 kill leaders and there is not a SMAW spammer among them.

The truth is the SMAW and other splash damage weapons are spoilers. They spoil the fun of hard to knock out players in sweet spots when nobody else can. They are a great asset to a squad at helping them advance. Taking out encamped enemies and vehicles are the SMAW spammers bread and butter. The SMAW makes a fantastic long range sniper buster in the right hands :)
A good SMAW spammer generally has a horrible K/D ratio. Why? Because one on one the SMAW spammer loses most of the time. He cannot reload fast enough and at most short range encounters the SMAW will not kill unless you hit the enemy in the head with the unexploded round. He also puts himself in the line of fire to take out the tough ones.

A sniper, land vehicle operator, flyboy or hallway camper will whine every time a SMAW spammer takes them out after they have gotten a 12 kill streak. Nobody likes to get blown up :razz:
The SMAW spammer also takes hiding places apart and creates a lot of rubble and dust confusing the enemy and sending them running for cover.
Yet the SMAW spammer will only have 3 kills and 22 deaths for the round.

Hug your SMAW spammer for his unselfish and heroic efforts :hug:
He is why your squad advances, you have a high score and you win rounds. You may not even notice that the confusion and terror created by the SMAW spammer has helped you.

Oh and every time you whine about it I know I have done a good job and giggle like a school girl :D
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Re: Confessions of a SMAW Spammer

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

:thumbup:
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LOL ty Grimp :hug:

I laugh everytime I hear your gigle after SMAWing someone....cracks me up!
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

:clap:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Very well put.

Last night, I fired my SMAW at two guys who were sniping from a roof right next to my building. My SMAW missed them but it destroyed the roof and they both fell to their deaths.

Priceless.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:I hear a lot of complaints about SMAW spamming in BF3. Same as in BC2.
The truth is that it's not true. Being a SMAW spammer myself I have a lot of experience.
Check the leader boards for most kills. I did and the worst splash damage offender is the grenade launcher.
I checked the top 7 kill leaders and there is not a SMAW spammer among them.

The truth is the SMAW and other splash damage weapons are spoilers. They spoil the fun of hard to knock out players in sweet spots when nobody else can. They are a great asset to a squad at helping them advance. Taking out encamped enemies and vehicles are the SMAW spammers bread and butter. The SMAW makes a fantastic long range sniper buster in the right hands :)
A good SMAW spammer generally has a horrible K/D ratio. Why? Because one on one the SMAW spammer loses most of the time. He cannot reload fast enough and at most short range encounters the SMAW will not kill unless you hit the enemy in the head with the unexploded round. He also puts himself in the line of fire to take out the tough ones.

A sniper, land vehicle operator, flyboy or hallway camper will whine every time a SMAW spammer takes them out after they have gotten a 12 kill streak. Nobody likes to get blown up :razz:
The SMAW spammer also takes hiding places apart and creates a lot of rubble and dust confusing the enemy and sending them running for cover.
Yet the SMAW spammer will only have 3 kills and 22 deaths for the round.

Hug your SMAW spammer for his unselfish and heroic efforts :hug:
He is why your squad advances, you have a high score and you win rounds. You may not even notice that the confusion and terror created by the SMAW spammer has helped you.

Oh and every time you whine about it I know I have done a good job and giggle like a school girl :D
It's plain to see I need to start playing more :)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

STEP!!!! Where are you? Doc and I have been wondering what happened to you.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I firmly believe in the right tool for the job. If that means you need to "smaw spam" then so be it. I will frequently change my kit in a round based on the game play and the tactics of the opposing force. tanks and trenched in snipers require area effect weapons sometimes.

Hell before the last upgrade I used to putter down enough mines that it made it nearly impossible to use any vehicles.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

The new Assignment system will also have an effect. You need 100 rocket kills to get the 2nd level engineer gun, so expect a lot of SMAW/RGP spammers. Like me.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I hate SMAW spammers, but only when I get killed by one :)