Dead Like Me

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Dead Like Me

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Has anyone seen it? I've been watching it on one of the HD channels (although it looks like SciFi is picking it up as well). Interesting show that's about a group of undead (ie grim reapers) that have to help the newly departed who died a sudden tramatic death pass to the other side. They get a post it note with the ETD (Estimated Time of Death), a first initial and last name, followed by the location and time. The story centers around an 18 year old that was killed when the toliet seat from the Mir Space Station re-entered orbit and manages to hit her.
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

See also: A Dirty Job by Chris Moore.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I've been watching this regularly since I caught it by accident
on the SciFi channel while waiting to watch Eureka...which is my
new favorite show btw.

Both are quite good...but Eureka is replacing BSG as my new
must watch show... :wink:
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

Blasphemy! :wink:
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Hey Step, how did you like juicing they did this week? Would be nice to get a speed a boost like that as long as there was no side affects. I make it a point to watch Eureka and just incase I miss it I have my DVR set to record it.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Wow, I just typed up (then deleted) the contents of my DVR of shows I've yet to watch, not to mention the shows starting this Fall that I want to watch and realized I watch too much dang TV!
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote: I watch too much dang TV!
Blasphemy!
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:Wow, I just typed up (then deleted) the contents of my DVR of shows I've yet to watch, not to mention the shows starting this Fall that I want to watch and realized I watch too much dang TV!
Sacriledge!!!
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Re: Dead Like Me

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:Has anyone seen it? I've been watching it on one of the HD channels (although it looks like SciFi is picking it up as well). Interesting show that's about a group of undead (ie grim reapers) that have to help the newly departed who died a sudden tramatic death pass to the other side. They get a post it note with the ETD (Estimated Time of Death), a first initial and last name, followed by the location and time. The story centers around an 18 year old that was killed when the toliet seat from the Mir Space Station re-entered orbit and manages to hit her.
I watched every episode when it was on Showtime. Excellent show - very different. I thought it'd last too though I was very curious to see where it was going. Apparantly Showtime felt there wasn't enough lesbian/gay action to last. Weird network. The kid reapers (they reaped pets of humans) was a little disturbing and so was the basic premise - that anyone could become a reaper for no apparant reason - but it was a well acted/directed/written series.

The lead (Mandy) also looks almost identical to an ex so it didn't hurt to watch her walking around.

It'll be interesting to see if it can drum up enough interest to get restarted. Or if the writers have any intention of continuing the series.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

They always do that, you get a good, quality new show and the can it
before it's gotten a chance to bloom.

Keen Eddie. Anyone else remember that one?
American Detective in London- roommate/love interest- Sienna Miller (yum).
Amazing, funny, smart show- they cancelled it and I was pissed.
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Frank's Place, Firefly, Freak and Geeks...

The list goes on.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.