Calling all Flyers

[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Calling all Flyers

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

Hi Guys, I'm at my wits end trying to fly with a mouse. I need some good suggestions on joysticks ( And NO not the one in your pants )...such dirty minds :hah:

Thanks BG
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Re: Calling all Flyers

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

hey BG Ive been using a Wingman Extreme made by Logitech it has top hat thumb control with 6 seperate programable bouttons plus finger triger and slide throtle control.M ine is 5 years old and still works great ,im sure the new ones are probley better .hope this helps

pop
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I use the Logitech Xtreeme 3d pro. 24$ at best buy I think it was. Top hat on top of stick and 4 buttons around it I use for counter measures, afterburner, weapon select. has a paddle wheel at the base for throttle. 6 additional buttons on the side and is a twist stick(must have).

I love it but there are more expensive and nicer sticks such as the thrustmaster system. I think Stinky got it and I've seen them - they look authentic with a seperate throttle stick controller.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I bought a Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X recently and really like it. I've been playing a WWII flight sim called Wings of Prey, but haven't tried it in BF3 yet. It has a separate throttle control, and it's much easier to fly using both hands. You can split the joystick and throttle controls apart if you like and have them on opposite sides of the keyboard.

Office Depot is selling them for $33.95 on-line.
Attachments
79-337-003-01.jpg
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Hell Stinky!
Do you sit on that thing & feel the ride too? :hah:
I got the same stick as Gib.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

I've been reading online that BF3 doesn't support any joysticks. Is this right ?

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

yes its right, for my part at least. as soon as i use it i cant use the keyboard anymore for normal fighting and have to disconnect the joystick to get back to keyboard. i know some ppl run a programm in background that simplyfies stuff
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

There is joystick support in BF3, albiet terrible....

I am flying with my above named stick in it. It's a MF to setup since you have to first set your throttle control paddle wheel thingie(tech term) to the absolute middle position. If you don't youll run forward or something else asinine because they default mapped the game controls to a game controller... chalk it up to another DICE-ism. Those crazy Sweedes! LOL :crazy:

Ok so then un-map the keyboard and mouse from the heli and jet completely.

NOW your ready to setup/map your joystick for the heli and jet.

If you don't do things in this order, bad things happen. Why?, well it's a DICE game and that is 'nuff said.

Also they don't support top hat pov switches but I posted about that already and have my script working but really dont need it now that air radar unlock is in use but will fix it up soon and relase for us. youll need autohot key. My scripts for autohotkey detects if your pushing your pov top hat switch and also hold down the left control key(mouse look) for you. Basically, I finished coding joystick pov tophat switches for them... *ahem* btw, I found 3 others who also made a script to do this on the autohotkey forum but i believe mines the least amount of code and more elegant, but that's my prideful developer side talking ;)

Gib
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

That sound difficult to set up, seeing as the things you just said were GREEK to me LOL. When I get my controler Gib I may need your help setting it up, if you dont mind.

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

you bet and for anyone, jump on ts or it will be impossible to communicate when the time comes