Post by [JiF]Gib »

Thanks Phantom!

-- Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 pm --

Thanks Phantom!
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Re: BF3 Server and DLC

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Server is now running the B2K only rotation now. I put in the rotation that Cowhide recommended.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I had a quick poke round Karkand at lunchtime (was looking at Wake Island too when I had a medical emergency to go & tend to a young lady in the ladies toilets :razz: )
They have kept the map layout almost exactly true to the original. Added an addtional staircase at the market place flag. Loved the bit down near the next flag D where the speakers are playing the BF2 music.
Really looking forward to playing some of this later.
Thanks Phantom :pada:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Whoa, slow down. Forget about Kharkand and Wake Island.

What were you doing in the ladies' toilets? :crazy:
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Gav did you mistake the ladies room door for the pub door again? :hah:

-- Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm --

I noticed since the big patch(not tues map patch) that also of the times it FEELS like people have aimbots when me and an enemy round a corner and both fire, I die almost every time. I forgot about the network interpolation setting thing they put on now and will be messing around with it tonight but was curious if anyone has messed with it and what your results were? I noticed since they put it in some micro stuttering so I am thinking that the default value they shipped is messing with my hit detection or something and now causing the infrequent micro stuttering. I didnt have any last night but from the amount of difficulty we all seemed to be having with just getting owned I thought I'd remind everyone to experiment around with theirs to see if it helps.

Sometimes those 'round the corner' 1 on 1 engagements I loose all the time on I don't even see the enemy fire! I am just dead. No noticble lag on all these as far as animation but I also seem to die alot when I hit the dirt behind cover. on my screen I got killed but it shows me on the ground first, dead second. really anoying but what is weird is that theres not any visual lag that I can tell but I assume it is lag, just that they are masking the frames and or animation?

Gib
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

added a few more maps into the rotation. Added conquest assault mode. let me know how it goes.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Are you still noticing this issue Gib with the stuttering, etc...? I've noticed the issue lately as well. Unless I have the total jump on someone, they will turn around and with a few shots I'm down. They usually have taken some damage based on the screen that shows you who killed you, class, etc..., Same thing with diving down and crawling away, should be out of site and out of the line of fire, but end up dead behind. I've also noticed I can take a shot with the tanks main gun, and easily miss the person at close range. I know I'm not the greatest in one on one encounters, but I should win the tank battle!
[JiF]Gib wrote:Gav did you mistake the ladies room door for the pub door again? :hah:

-- Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm --

I noticed since the big patch(not tues map patch) that also of the times it FEELS like people have aimbots when me and an enemy round a corner and both fire, I die almost every time. I forgot about the network interpolation setting thing they put on now and will be messing around with it tonight but was curious if anyone has messed with it and what your results were? I noticed since they put it in some micro stuttering so I am thinking that the default value they shipped is messing with my hit detection or something and now causing the infrequent micro stuttering. I didnt have any last night but from the amount of difficulty we all seemed to be having with just getting owned I thought I'd remind everyone to experiment around with theirs to see if it helps.

Sometimes those 'round the corner' 1 on 1 engagements I loose all the time on I don't even see the enemy fire! I am just dead. No noticble lag on all these as far as animation but I also seem to die alot when I hit the dirt behind cover. on my screen I got killed but it shows me on the ground first, dead second. really anoying but what is weird is that theres not any visual lag that I can tell but I assume it is lag, just that they are masking the frames and or animation?

Gib
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote: I've also noticed I can take a shot with the tanks main gun, and easily miss the person at close range. I know I'm not the greatest in one on one encounters, but I should win the tank battle!
Kellys, I find with the tank it's best not to aim at the man, but instead try to hit the ground just in front of where he is. You get more damage from the 'splash' than the shell hitting the man which you need to get dead on (I suspect it is to do with the collision physics).

This has been working out for me recently as I encountered a similar issue with seeming to miss.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Verdict is still out on timings but I have been playing with the latency slider. All the way to the left I don't get any stuttering for me BUT its weird I see stuttering of tank canons as the turret turns alot of the time. It seems for me, if I have the slider all the way to the right then everything is smooth but I do notice more latency issues like the dive for cover, hear them fire, and i die while behind cover. So I am still playing with it but the middle seems to be the best(much like most things eh? mmmm, Oreo's....but I digress).
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

We have all been playing B2K for a couple of weeks now, wondering if we want to add back the regular vanilla maps, keep it the way it is or make it a mix with both vanilla and B2K maps...

Let me know
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I vote a mix of the DLC and Vanilla, doesn't matter which maps.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I'm fine with both sets of maps, I got my 2 hour mark for the assignment. ;-)

-- Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:40 pm --

Just a note, it looks as if the server is set to 8 players max and is pretty much always empty now. May want to set back to 32.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?