JIFF join the 1918, 3rd FHT Campaign!

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
buschhans
Forum User

JIFF join the 1918, 3rd FHT Campaign!

Post by buschhans »

Forgotten Honor Battlefield 1918 Campaign

Forgotten Honor Presents A massive new Battlefield 1918 campaign - New Blood!

After numerous successful campaigns Forgotten Honor is proud to open the third Battlefield 1918 Campaign: New Blood. During this 9 week campaign you will be placed on the Western European front nearing the end of the Great War between the hard-pressed but veteran German army and newly-arrived American Expeditionary Force. Will you aid the USA 1st Infantry Division in punching through German lines and ending the war in one stroke? Or will you enlist in the 111th German Infanterie-Division and show the Yankees the true meaning of trench warfare? The choice is yours!

What is a campaign?

A campaign is a series of connected battles where we recreate the timeline of the war. Here at Forgotten Honor it also means teamplay and organized gameplay. Campaigns take about 8-10 weeks and every Saturday we will have one 3-hour battle. All battles are counted towards the final score which determines the army that won the overall campaign.

How does it all work? Simple! In the beginning of every week our campaign management announces which map will be played that Saturday. Headquarters and officers of each army are responsible for creating plans and strategies which will be used for that map, as well as awarding medals and promotions for last week's battle. This is not purely cosmetic – promotions give you the ability to command squads within the unit, a privilege to use special weapons and equipment and various other perks – just like in the real army!

Of course, you also get to choose your role according to your preferences both within your army and within your regiment. Some regiments are specialized in the use of specific equipment, such as armor, artillery, planes or special infantry weapons. If you have a taste for something special, apply there! Within you unit you can say what role suits you best or volunteer for a specific assignment - MG gunners, drivers, scouts, snipers, tank killers - everybody is welcome and every role is important for your unit to crush the opposition!

Every army has a training server to use during the week for scouting and practice, as well as their own Teamspeak channels and locked sub-forums (we call them barracks) for communication and entertainment. Everyone can participate in all weekly activities and events as much as they want – no obligations! And then, on Saturday evening, fighting begins!

So, this is what you can expect:
* Large scale battles every Saturday evening
* A unique chance to immerse yourself in WWI warfare
* Unique maps designed for massive organized battles
* Earn promotions and rewards for your achievements
* Choose from two major armies with historically accurate regiments
* New friendships with likeminded people from all over the world
* It is free, and everybody is welcome! [/indent]

What is Battlefield 1918?

Battlefield 1918 is a mod for Battlefield 1942. That means it modifies the game so you are not fighting in WW2, but in WWI with everything that belongs to that time period like biplanes, trenches, tanks and rifles.

This time Inside1918 team and Forgotten Honor have decided to work together and create an even better experience than before. The only mod you need for this campaign is the BF1918-F|H mod and then you are set for the whole campaign.
Also, for this campaign the Inside1918 team has created exclusive maps designed for tournament gameplay and they contain special content that cannot be found in the original mod!

Registration for the campaign opened last week! Join now and get ready to play our first battle on Saturday, December 3rd!

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/modules.php?name=Register

Click on the picture to signup

Get the chance to rewrite history!
http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

(Quelle: Inside1918)

-- Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am --

BF1918 Campaign #3 – Scrim #2

Hindenburg Line

The Hindenburg Line was a vast system of defences in northeastern France during World War I. It was constructed by the Germans using Russian PoWs as labour during the winter of 1916–17. The line stretched from Lens to beyond Verdun.The fortifications included concrete bunkers and machine gun emplacements, heavy belts of barbed wire, tunnels for moving troops, deep trenches, dug-outs and command posts.The German command believed the line was impregnable. However it was temporarily broken through in the Battle of Cambrai in 1917 by British and Canadian forces including tanks, and was successfully permanently breached in a number of locations during the Allied Hundred Days Offensive in September 1918.

Server Password: (you can get after join a regiment)

Forgottenhonor.com - Battle
Server IP: 46.4.71.142:14568 (Forgottenhonor.com - Battle)
Date: Saturday, December 10th, 2011
Time (GMT): 20:00 - 23:00
Time (CEST): 21:00 - 00:00
Time Zone Converter (w/automatic DST converter)

Requirements to play:

1. Working original version of Battlefield 1942 with latest BF1942 update (1.619b) click Link:
http://www.forgottenhonor.com/modules.p ... oad&cid=41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. Working BF1918 mod 2.1 click Link:
http://hoststuff.forgottenhonor.com/hos ... taller.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3a. Teamspeak 3 (TS3) for communication is a must:
http://www.chip.de/downloads/TeamSpeak-3_22362339.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3b.TeamSpeak IP & Port:
ts.forgottenhonor.com:9987

Have fun and good luck soldiers,

The BF 1918 Campaign Management

(Quelle: forgottenhonor.com)
I have made my blog again, its also good like a website: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: JIFF join the 1918, 3rd FHT Campaign!

Post by [JiF]corn »

Any of you haven't played 1918, i can tell you it is a lot of fun.
I remember playing this with [JiF]rix@.
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Yea Corn, remember. Could really recommend this mod even if I haven't upgraded to latest yet, but it's in the pipe.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

1918 can be allot of fun. Although it's not as fast paced as some of the other BF42 mods it has a certain charm. You are rewarded for aiming rather then for fast reflexes, most of the weapons are single shot bolt action (one shot - one kill) and if you miss your shot you can bet your intended victim won't. In that respect it resembles Forgotten Hope. Pouring a full clip into your enemy is simply not necessary. Even Gib could be killed with a single well placed shot, well maybe not Gib but certainly everyone else. The machine guns are inaccurate but deadly, the tanks, cars and planes are straight out of that era and are just not the effective killing machines you find in latter mods.

1918's bigger flaw was its inability to attract a large following and as a result the number of maps simply never grew or matured. For whatever reason, it never drew a North American audience. All of the active servers seemed to be based in Europe and finding one with both a crowd and a good ping was nearly impossible for a poor Canadian boy relying on a mediocre DSL connection. Playing coop all by yourself, hoping against hope that some one might join you is kind of depressing. If you don’t believe me just ask Melon Farmer on BG night.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

yeah, I d/l this ages ago and played some SP but by that stage it had pretty much gone - i only ever played online a few times with 2/3 ppl and tended to get pwnd by the bots - but I think I was trying to play it like a 'modern' game
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula