Where did your username come from?

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
Atroxide
New User

Where did your username come from?

Post by Atroxide »

I am always interested in how people created their username, this topic is for everyone to share their story about how they created their username.

The name Atroxide was creating because I was in chemistry class trying to brainstorm a new username because TexasMd91 (My previous username) was getting really boring, and wasn't unique, just my state, my initials, and the year I was born. I decided to go with the the base word Atrox, its a race in the online game Anarchy Online and I liked the look of the word, I couldn't think of anything interesting to spice it up and make it unique, and I looked up at the board and saw "sodium bromide" written on the board so I stole the suffix "ide" and Atroxide was born.
[JiF]BloodGod
Forum User

Re: Where did your username come from?

Post by [JiF]BloodGod »

I like this thread Atroxide, I have often wondered the same myself.

The username I used at the begining of playing Battlefield was ( Time To Die ) wow that was many moons ago. I switched to BloodGod about 3 months into playing, for pretty much the same reason you switched.....it bored me. So at the time I had just watched ( Blade 1 ) and really liked it. So I decided to become the evil BloodGod no one ever got to see. And now with a little luck, alot of dying, and some really great guys here on [JiF], the name [JiF]BloodGod is known world wide. Sometimes admired, sometimes laughed at, but known all the same. :thumbup:
We all have our time to die.....yours just happens to be now

[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i m sure we already have a thread like this somewhere.

as for my name, hmm at one point also manay many moons ago i used to have allot of hair on top of my head(and very long hair), now the name should actuallly be changed as a shaved all my hair of about 3 weeks ago.(did it to see how far into the leaves falling of season is was, if i keeps on going in 2 or 3 years i will be able to get hired as a monk
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

As you might guess, my nephews and nieces gave me my name. We share the view that farts are hilarious.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

31 years in the tissue industry making toilet paper and paper towels. I was signing up for something and needed a 'user name'. Spur of the moment decision. Given how many 'bullets' I've absorbed playing games it seems appropriate -- New and Improved - Now can absorb bombs and rockets too!"

Tissueman
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

mine is the way i pictured it spelt if arnold shwarzenegger would have said it "da Term IN ay tah"= the terminator.... unfortunately imma bullet sponge and get terminated daily lol ...

your welcome
[JiF]{zs}wids67
Forum User

Post by [JiF]{zs}wids67 »

I got wids67 after being called wids by a clan I used to play quake 2 then 3 with my full name was widowmaker
many have followed me using the name but I still thing I was one of, if not the first to use the name.
as for the 67 it's my birth year. yes another old git. :lol:
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Atrox,

I actually used to work with Tissue (now he's retired and I'm stuck!!).
I used to do all the water chemistry & treatment for our business unit.
Plus, I do a mean Bobby Boucher imitation!!! :hah:

LTWB

ps. Frenchy, if it makes u feel any better, my head has been shaved for the past 5 yrs now to help Father Time along. Much more "aerodynamic" being folic-ly challenged.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i don't feel bad about my hair been gone, i needed a change after my break up the girl i loved. But its kinda coold now in the winter time
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
clant
Repeat Visitor

Post by clant »

My user name is a mixture of clank from ratchet and clank the video game and link from, well if you don't know where link comes from it's pretty disturbing.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

phantom is what I used way back in my dial up BBS days (the good ole days when you thought your 14,4 baud modem was the fastest thing around). Added the X after having too many people with the same name and the 2005 when I got my gmail account. Am getting very tired of it but unfortunately I have had it for so long and I have a lot of accounts connected this this alias, I can not see getting ride of it.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Growing up I had a calico cat named Kelly...that and love the movie Kelly's Heros. My BF3 name is KellysGyros though as Heros was gone and love gyros!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Wasn't Kelly played by Telly Savalas? So Kelly's Gyros kinda makes sense...
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote:Wasn't Kelly played by Telly Savalas? So Kelly's Gyros kinda makes sense...
Come on Stinky! - Clint Eastwood :shoot:

My username is a portion of my last name and a nickname that me, my brothers, and father have all shared.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

When i started gaming my son was sitting in a chair beside me and gave me some suggestions.
He was saying things like, killer,punisher,full clip,etc.....
I told him i wanted something that was generic and non-threatening because i knew it would be different and maybe even disarming.
Names like Dusty Carrot,Pie Crust,and even turkey dinner came to mind.
That's when a random thought came to me in the name cannedcorn007.
After several years i decided to shorten it to it's current simple version.