New Rig

Speaks for itself
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: New Rig

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]Mike wrote:Wow, didn't know if this day would ever come! :lol:
Hey, if Grimp can build a PC I figured even I can do it.

Kelly, That ship has sailed.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

This marks the first time in history when a new motherboard has been secured in place by using Poli-Grip® Free (No artificial colours, no artificial flavours, no tiny screws and now Zinc free). This method has been approved by the AARP for a safe, teenager free, computer installation experience.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Tissue - I wouldn't worry a bit about your graphics card and BF3. Mine (nVidia GTS 250) is rated as "marginally playable" by Tom's Hardware's tests but still runs great. I've had lag at times, but I'm convinced it's either server or internet telated. Most times - like last night - it's smooth as silk.

In fact, I had to go into options and look at my settings to find out that I have been playing at Low Quality graphics settings (you have to with DX10). It looks beautiful to me. And there's nothing like watching Gib or Jimbo run onto one of my Claymores near an M-COM. And then of course they spawn and kill me, if Doc hasn't already chewed me up with the A-10.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I am happy to see your not to old to have somebody else build a PC for you and claim you did it :)
I think that is the exact same video card Doc and I run. Seems fine to me. Doc runs two of them, but he shoots at pixel changes.
I need K numbers of pixels changes before I TK my team member.

Come play with us. I have actually gotten to the point where I know I will not win any fair showdown and I don't even kid myself about it anymore :) I can be sneaky sometimes though.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

I'm on the road again. I'll finish the changeover when I get home and then be ready to join you so we can take turns napping while on guard duty.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Cool. I like naps.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

My grandson (age 10) is here and he wanted to play a game on my PC. I loaded BF2 on my new PC and let him play single player. The game is so much better with my new PC. With the old one I used to get some lag and alt tabbing out of the game could take a minute or two. So the system works for games. I still need to get a copy of BF3, but that won't happen until after Christmas. Things are just too hectic this week.

Tissue
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Cool. I like naps.
Ya Grimp is our Narcoleptic Marine SMAW spammer. Everytime he shoots his rocket, he goes right off to sleep! LOL
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.