Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

The answer is 42.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
Atroxide
New User

Re: .

Post by Atroxide »

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger wrote:The answer is 42.
I beg to differ
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Atroxide wrote:
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger wrote:The answer is 42.
I beg to differ
Atroxide, remember, Badger is Canadian and, therefore, his answer is metric. So your answer and his answer could actually be the same once you apply the proper conversion factor. Not to mention that Badger answers '42' to every question so we do have to take that into account also.

Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Huh?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

42? Why it is the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything. Discovered after seven and a half million years of deep thought and promoted by mice. It is the only answer you'll ever need. Hey Tissue, did I mention it's shiny?
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Alfred Neumann
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Alfred Neumann »

“A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)”
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Towel Day is celebrated every 25 May as a tribute by fans of the late author Douglas Adams. On this day, fans carry a towel with them to demonstrate their love for the books and the author, as referred to in Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The commemoration was first held in 2001, two weeks after Adams's death on 11 May 2001.

Best book ever

Booktip: "Last Chance to See". The story about the Aye Aye is brilliant.

If you're weak you need:
Protection.jpg
Protection.jpg (70.27 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
regards

Alfred
Sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Intergalactic Towel Day Regional Ambassador! (applause!) Hailing from Canada, the man with the only answer and a bright red towel, Mr. Frank Eckstrom!

Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

"What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"