Util Dice Learns how to progam joysticks, use this

[JiF]Gib

Util Dice Learns how to progam joysticks, use this

Post by [JiF]Gib »

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/Jo ... ersion.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or autohoykey.com

Both will allow the short sighted coding by Dice to properly support Top Hat switches on joysticks that have them and will allow you to "send key presses" needed to avoid having to hold down the key that enables freelook before you can freelook(what a joke).

I'm a bit experienced with autohotkey and tonight I will probably look at the commands to create a script to run during game play that will solve the issue and will post it here for any other air warriors wanting to look around like you should in a cockpit. The feature was inherint in 42 control setup screen(which didnt require you to be in game to change your controls....), dont know how they "forgot" to code it. <shakes head> :roll:

Here's a start: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gib
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Re: Util Dice Learns how to progam joysticks, use this

Post by Gnome-father »

Brilliant! I've been using Autohotkey previously in Battlefield 2 to make auto-nade macros for Strike at Karkand.

Finally I can use the Top hat buttons to look around WITHOUT having to press a stupid key.
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Gib
I believe you use the same joystick as I do.
How did you get it to map the keys correctly? Do you have to use autohotkey for it to work at all?
I can change the settings but then very ODD things happen. I can make it work for planes but then when I am on the ground my mouse does not work anymore. I can not shoot using it BUT I can shoot if I use the throttle on the joystick! LOL
Thanks Gib
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

top see my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4792