This is a game I play so why not make a forum

A place for us to talk about World of Warcraft.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

This is a game I play so why not make a forum

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

Mike I noticed that your Level 66 with your mage, way to go man you must be flying though the levels. Are you finding that your getting much better gear though the quests than you had gotten through the instances?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Only done Ramports twice now...and haven't gotten anything of use yet. The only item I have any real interest in that instance is a staff...I'll have to find the name later. Doing the quests are the way to go though, great gear, great xp...and quite fun! Too bad we aren't on the same server, the guild I'm in needs more locks. :)

On another note...todays patch...my initial impression of them reducing my damage output is not good...will see tonight when I play.

Great idea to open a forum!
ImageImage
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Is that you Mike? :wink:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/01/23/blizz ... ling_game/
Irvine (CA) - World of Warcraft's expansion, The Burning Crusade, sold nearly 2.4 million copies on the first day and became the fastest selling PC game ever. Blizzard Entertainment, the makers of World of Warcraft, released the sales figures earlier today and adds that more 1.7 million players logged in on the same day.

You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Lets just say...the game was released on a Tuesday...I was waiting in line at 11pm on the Monday before, and I took Tuesday off. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Is the company that makes WOW publicly traded?

When you purchase the game, do you also have to pay a monthly fee to play online? Any idea if the fee goes to the game maker or host server company?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

The company is Blizzard and I believe they also are the server owners. Yes there is a monthly fee for playing or you can get 3 and 6 month packages at a reduced rate. It's about 15.00 a month right now if I remember correctly.

If you have never played it before it would be very difficult to describe it to you. The thing that attracted me to the game was the shear size of the world. you can walk from one end of the continent to the other and it would take a very long time. Your questing is done all over the world and PVP just adds to it so that you can fight with the opposite faction. It also requires team work to bring down most boss mobs and instances absolutely require team work.

I guess that is my short answer to why I am willing to come across with the money every month.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I think, for $15/mo it is cheap entertainment that I really enjoy. If I bring the family to the movies once...I spend about $50 for 2 hours of entertainment. We have 3 accounts between us all, and this last all month long. We work together to get things and complete quests, we talk and spend time interacting...not just sitting in front of the boob tube for hours on end. Many people I have become friends with have similar situations, it may not be the norm...but it's not uncommon.
ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I started playing WoW and purchased "The Burning Crusade," I am completely ashamed of myself...
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Oh, and Im on Antonidas if anyone rolls a new char...