JiF new BF3 Server

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

JiF new BF3 Server

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Just went online today....Haven't had a chance to configure it but it should be online now with default settings....

or server name for now is...

[JiF] BF3 HC Server

let me know if anybody gets on.

also here is the banner...

-- Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:23 pm --

Was able to play with the settings abit and got it sorted out for HC mode. Also updated the server from 20 to a full 32.

Created a Jif Platoon in battlelog if anybody wants to join.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: JiF new BF3 Server

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Thanks Phantom!
Hopefully school doesn't keep me too tied up to hop on the JiF server and cause some mayhem with you all :D

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]phantomx wrote:

Created a Jif Platoon in battlelog if anybody wants to join.
Do you know whether the platoon is cross platform - if I play on PS3 will it register? otherwise I will go ahead and set up a JiF PSN platoon.

Also how is this server being financed? do we need to contribute?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

not sure if the platoon is cross platform or not.

I am funding it right now, and I do not see a problem with keeping it going for a for see able future. But if you want to assist you can hit the Clan pay in my signature. That will go directly to the GamerServers account.

I will keep it at 32 players now, but if we want to go the full 64 I will need help with that.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So does BF3 have a character class that gives you a repeating heavy crossbow and allows you to summon an Adamantine Mechanical Dog that breathes fire? :D
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

So Im searching for early morning reivews for bf3 and found this and was laughing my @$$ off at work(thanks to headphones)..

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS CONTINOUS SWEARING!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JTazD3vjZw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL
Last edited by [JiF]Gib on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Sweet, I will have to find the server. However you do that.

I am happy to say right now I am kicking Docs Butt!
It does not really matter that he has not played yet. The point is I am winning :viva:

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 am --

I found the server and they do have a favorite thingy on Battlelog so you can save it.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LOL, well, enjoy it while it lasts until he gets on tonight.

Can't wait to get off work and join the fragin'!!
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

I NewEgg'd my copy, so it will be a couple days before I can enjoy it with you guys.

Let us know how it is!
[JiF]Trogdor
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Trogdor »

Got it for PS3 today. It's amazing. I've only tried multiplayer so far, but I'm really impressed with what I've seen. I was going to write that it's as team-play based as 1942, but I'll go a step further and say that this game is even better for the unselfish players that like to work together to take out enemies. None of this "my grenade exploded last so I get the kill" nonsense. Everyone gets a taste of the action here.

I've only played multi so far, but loved every second of it. You boys from across the pond need to hurry up and get on. Oh, and PS3 players can't join the existing PC JiF platoon. Zouga, I think you need to set one up for us on Battlelog.
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

They should make ts for ps3 or something and how do we join battlelog ?
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

So the server has been running for a few days (mostly full too...woohoo), what do people think? There is still some features that are not fully working yet, like reserved slots (although I have added all the origin ID's of JiF members I could find) but EA/DICE should be fixing this soon...

Is the rotation ok? It is a mix of Conquest (2 rounds) then Rush (2 rounds). Would we like more rounds, more conquest or more rush?

Is the Hardcore mode good to. I prefer HC mode but I will change it what we all prefer the most.

I will also look at assigning some admins, once I figure out how to use the in game RCON and how to assign admin privileges to users.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I took a sneak at your settings last night even though I can't play yet. Thought it looked like a well thought plan. especially like the no death cam bit. I found that annoying in Beta, that you find a good spot but are given away by the cam of death (this wasn't in the Alpha & so got the feel for both).
I guess I need to play fully comment, but as EA seem to have a dislike for the UK (mind you they obviously still haven't forgiven the Japanese who don't get the game until November 2nd) Sorry to keep on this but even the World Cup winning sheep in New Zealand are playing this before us.
I've already added the JiF server as a favourite in the Battlelog & can't wait to get in to the game.
I want to try the helos. I had a big spell flying helos over at Team Nitro on their BF2 mod servers & got pretty good at it, so really want ot try it on BF3.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

One question: how much Admin-ing do we want to do on our server?

We are pretty strict on the BF42 one, and I've already noticed some very bad language and player attitudes on our BF3 server.

One the one hand, some might see this as over interference.

On the other hand, it might be nice to have a server that gets a reputation as a place where that kind of behavior is not tolerated.

-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 am --

Trogdor -- did you play Bad Company 2? Because I'm not seeing a huge difference in playing style between BC2 and BF3.
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I have been thinking that too. I have kicked a few do to being disrespectful but for the most part I have been a little more lenient then maybe I should. I am Also not always online but I have talked with doc and gib so far to help out with admin duties. might look at more admins soon.

as for my personal take on the server, I do not mind the language as long as it is not targeted at player(s), I do not accept excessive team killing or blatent team killing and any racial remarks of any kind.

FYI there is a major server patch being pushed today. This might help with the reserved slots issue (doesn't currently work). everybody Will have to update there clients as well from what I have read.