I did not get credit for some quests

A few of us have started playing DDO. It's now free to play. (Although you can still spend plenty of money with micro-transactions if you choose!) We play on the Khyber world.
Grab the client here!
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

I did not get credit for some quests

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Here is something I think is odd, just could be me but hey that is another story.
Gib, Mike and EA I believe went through some quests the other night trying to get me to the sunny Korthos. I think we done two or three.

I came back last night, no one was on so I thought I would try to get through another quest or so to catch up.
When I started I found that two of the quests we had already done, the manufacturing plant and the sewers were not marked as completed even though we finished them and I talked with the quest giver afterwards.
I redone the quests and now they look completed.
Anyone seen this before?

I do hope tonight to at least get to the sunny korthos and get caught up with where you guys are at.
Cya soon and thanks!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: I did not get credit for some quests

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I don't know what's up with the quests not being complete....it is odd. You can sort of "skip" past some of this zoned part by talking with the lady on the dock to go to storm reach. When you get to Storm Reach talk to her again and you'll go back to Korthos but on the sunny side I think. You can still do all the quests, but you'll be past the "zoned out" phase. Once you hit level 2 you can start the dungeons in Storm Reach. I waited til level 3 but there was no reason too. :roll:
ImageImage
[JiF]Gib

Re: I did not get credit for some quests

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Hey Top, sorry to hear your having some troubles. Here's few way to check on your quests and their status.

When you complete a quest there is the graphical "Holy Grail" event that appears on screen above your character accompanied by a sound effect. On the right hand side of your screen is the current quest objectives frame. On it it will say Quest Status: Completed. That changes at the same time as the holy grail graphics event and sound event firing and you get your XP reward right then and there. At any time your in the quest(in the instance where the quest is), hit the x key to bring up the current XP award status screen. This shows you the amount of XP for the quest your going to recieve(or have received if you have completed it). We usually click the Finish Out button and it then takes you back to outside the entrance to the quest. You should then go to the quest giver to claim your quest reward. After that, when you press the L key to bring up your Quest Log. Find the area on the left and it displays the quest for that zone on the right. You should see it show completed.

If any of this is not true then open up a trouble ticket/help request in game with the DM's(Dungeon Masters). They are able to help tell you what happened, how to fix or fix it for you if they can.

Lets chat tonight on TS, maybe I can assist further.