Why oh why?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Why oh why?

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Does anyone have the same gripe as me?
When I am playing on the server alone & someone joins, the map always restarts no matter how far through you are. :x :shoot: :thumbdown:
It is getting really frustrating now numbers are down & you are more likely to be playing alone. More times having to play the same map twice in a row is getting boring & annoying. :shock: :razz: :shoot:
I did notice yesterday night when I joined the server that 1 chap was playing alone on Midway & the map had not restarted on him.
Is this just a setting that could be changed or do I have to live with it?

Answers on a postcard to The Panzer, Gazala, Somewhere in the Desert. ;)
[JiF]DaftGeordie
Forum User

Re: Why oh why?

Post by [JiF]DaftGeordie »

The reason the map didn't change when you joined is because there must have been other players playing before you joined and then left, leaving just one player who was then on by himself until you joined him.
If this makes any sense then your a better man than me Gungadin.
I don't know why this is but I don't think it's something that can be changed.
Cheers Daft :shoot:
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

That's happened to me often as well. However, I usually ask the person who's joined if it's ok to advance the map, more often than not, the person doesn't mind. Of course, it's only possible for admin to change the map, but perhaps now, with numbers dwindling, it's a good time to re-instate Map Vote? With fewer people playing, I doubt it will be abused much these days. What say everyone?
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

I personally find Map Vote annoying , as sure as eggs is eggs somebody will abuse it. The 1 player restart problem is also annoying but is the lesser of two evils imho :)
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked wrote:I personally find Map Vote annoying , as sure as eggs is eggs somebody will abuse it. The 1 player restart problem is also annoying but is the lesser of two evils imho :)
I have to agree with Shell.

Yesterday, I joined Alfred in a game where he said he had less than 2 minutes to go and it reset.
I asked if he wanted to skip to the next map.

Hopefully, there will be an admin involved to ask do such when this occurs.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Funny but all the time I played in the past I never really noticed this before. Oh well

I agree that we should not go down the map vote route. You can end up playing the same part of the rotation when people join & vote for a map you've played not long ago.
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote: You can end up playing the same part of the rotation when people join & vote for a map you've played not long ago.
Probably the best reason not to allow voting, Gav