Age of Conan - Free-2-Play Now!

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Age of Conan - Free-2-Play Now!

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Hey All!

Age of Conan is now free to play with an optional premium account as well. I use to play this back in the day but stopped due to it requiring a pretty hefty rig to play and the whole time factor. Its a pretty fun game though, great visuals, and the finishing moves are amazing.

Now that its free to play, and that my character is still there, i might just check it out again. Let me know if anyone else decides to try it, my character's name is Soldner on the server called "Tyranny".

FAQ for the Free-2-Play: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=233501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ageofconan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: Age of Conan - Free-2-Play Now!

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I played this a bit when it came out -- can't recall my server. I had a Necromancer, and liked calling up all kinds of skellies to fight for me. I didn't get too far, so would have no probloem rolling a new character.

I might check it out -- seems free-to-play with the option to upgrade/enhance is catching on. I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online that way, and Gib just introduced me to D&D Online.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: Age of Conan - Free-2-Play Now!

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Yea, it seems that Free-2-Play is kind of the new model when a company sees their game going south. As for Age of Conan, the free-2-play model isn't all that bad really. Besides being unable to play every class, the other negative aspects for the game aren't really that bad. I guess going "premium" in this game just means you have to pay monthly, however, when you pay monthly your character gains a whole level every 4 days offline. I've never actually seen or even tried Lord of the Rings online or D&D, so i might have to check those out as well.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking