Back to standard maps?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Alexander theGreat
Forum User

Back to standard maps?

Post by [JiF]Alexander theGreat »

Hi all :)

I noticed a dramatical decrease of players on our server for the last weeks/months. This is a sad thing, beacause often there are 0 to 1 players online, when I want to play a round.

I noticed that a lot of the non-jiffers are leaving, when the turn comes to a custom map and before ist was a standard map. I often looked with BFRM for the maps and when I knew that a custom map would be next I told the people that this will happen and if they don´t have the maps they should go to the forum and follow the download link. Not very much people answered me. When the map changed, most of them were disconnected.

Then I found out, when I only set standard maps mith BFRM that the server is "filling". New players come to play and so on. I did this yesterday morning and we were most time more than 6 players.

I doubt that all the non-jiffers out there are willing to download the custom map pack. I don´t know why because it is so easy and so much fun to play new maps. But I remembered myself in a similar situation. I was playing on our server for a longer time, maybe a year, very often. It was the time when monday was the "custom monday". I did not get the maps and decided not to play on monday. I really don´t know why :roll:

My suggestion is, to play the custom maps only an a special custom day, as we did before. I hope to attract with this more players to the server, like in good old times. People seem to be lazy and don´t want to change something on their pc. If they cant connect to our server, they are playing on another one.

I like the custom maps a lot and it was much fun to have so much new ones. It was a great job from shell and all the others who helped to create the map pack and also speacial maps. I hope you all understand, that I don´t want to bother anyone or something like that.

I am hoping, that there will be more players when we come back to the standard maps.

Now please give me your two cents!
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Re: Back to standard maps?

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Hi Alex.
Within the last month this matter was discussed in the Feedback section of the forum, please see this post to follow the discussion further:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4520
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Re: Back to standard maps?

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Thanks for the link WT although it didn't work on my pc :lol:

I have replied to alex's post in the existing thread at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
can people please continue this discussion on the existing thread above to avoid confusion.

Thanks
- Shell
:)