BRINK!

[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Re: BRINK!

Post by [JiF]Doc »

Server should be back up with the new patch!

Sorry Cesar! :P
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Fixed my issue by lowering the resolution. 1600x900 doesn't look as sharp as 1920x1080 does, though D:
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I had a blast playing this game with you guys yesterday and amazed how the server stayed full.

You going to join us Cesar?

This is a great teamwork game. :D
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Boooo
Every time I tried to get on the server last night it was full!
So I had to spend my time getting my 1st character through all the missions.
I did reach Level 20 & Rank 5 so have unlocked everything ability wise now.
My problem is I've been buying stuff for 3 different classes, now wonder if I should have concentrated on making 1 character 1 class & stick with that.
I have seen that you have the option to sell all upgrades so may do that for the loss of 1xp, then get the full kit for 1 class & use what's left to upgrade a 2nd class as far as possible.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

So I have been laying this for a little while on PS3 and TBH I am not overly impressed.
The game has some clear high points
- Character customizability
- Freedom of movement
- Abilities
- Online Coop and storyline modes

but it also seems a little deficient in some areas
- the SP storyline(s) are pretty short and seem a bit disjointed - they could have been woven together to make the game more immersive. I was pretty shocked when I escaped the Ark and got a message saying do you want to Exit and Win?
Seems almost like they have set the game up for a sequel rather than giving you a complete story (money talks I guess)
- The game play is a bit too cartoon-like for me - it is reminiscent of TF2 but I wasn't a big fan of that so...
- The range of guns available is not great, too many SMGs and ARs that are not really that different from each other - even with all the customisable options, most of mine have ended up with similar attachments (Drum Mag/Red dot/Speed sling/Muzzle brake)
- I also find that there are almost too many options for online play with 5 preset and a custom option that dilute the number of players per server (at least on PSN)

I am thinking that I will be trading this back in for store credit and getting L.A. Noire. Although I think part of the problem is that none of my PSN buddies have the game so it is hard to build a squad or fireteam that you can rely on.
Back to BFBC2 for a while too.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I've been enjoying it for the great and smooth graphics and the emphasis on team work (I like that your final score does not list kills), but have to admit I'm getting bored. There aren;t that many maps, and the actions tends to repeat itself.

I got my money's worth but am not sure I'll still be playing it a month from now.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

I bought BF2 today cos I now have 4 days off :shock: :viva:
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Stinky I think you have the same feelings as me there!
I have been through the Campaign so many times now & you end up running the same thing over & over.
I still haven't managed to complete the 2 star on the 1st Challenge. I always get stuck at the hack stage, when I just keep getting mown down by the enemy with no protection from my bots whilst I try to hack the port. If I hide they always remove the box Aaaaaaagggggghhhh !
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Gav, try setting up a turret and mine before hacking, this will give you some protection
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

***** Spam Alert ******

Get yourselves over to our bf/bg server for real fun

***** End Spam Alert ******
[JiF]Doc
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Doc »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22364/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLC for brinks finally out, currently free but they will charge for it in 2 weeks.

Not sure if anyones still playing but im grabbing it while its free just in case,
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I got it.
Thanks for sending me that message on steam.
I must be getting old,i never did see the message popup until after i was shutting down my PC. :(